Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE Question

tag
redsoxguy676
Established Member

AMEX BCE Question

Hello all! Hope everyone is having a great day!

Last week I applied and was accepted for an AMEX BCE. I have a question regarding the card itself. When I see pictures of the card on the AMEX site or other places, it shows that the card has one of the little wireless payment chips built it. I am not talking about the chip for use in foreign countries. Just the chip that is used for wireless payment at say a gas station register or something like that. Can someone who also has this card tell me if their card has this built in? I'm not seeing it on mine.

Thanks for any help!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
GaTech
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE Question

Mine doesn't have this feature. I don't think that BCE has this technology?
As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000

Message 2 of 5
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

Mine does not have a chip.

Message 3 of 5
dta
New Contributor

I received mine on 7/18 and I have it, called expresspay. I vaguely remember an option when applying, and I also vaguely remember declining, but I could be wrong. It is very conspicuous in my BCE because of the transparent plastic.

Freedom | BofA CR | Amex BCE | NFCU CR | CSP | Fidelity Amex | Citi AA Plat | Discover it | Amex PRG | US Airways Prem | SW RR Plus | Delta Gold | Citi Double Cash | WF Propel 360 | Chase BA
Message 4 of 5
CollegeStudent530
Regular Contributor

My card does not have it.. and I received mine in mid-July. American Express did say they will start to roll out EMV chips soon to all their cards.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.