Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE Reward Dollars

tag
amac373
Established Member

AMEX BCE Reward Dollars

I just got my first statement today and my account still shows that I have $0.00 reward dollars. I did put quite a few charges on the card this past month. Is it normal for the rewards to be delayed in showing up every month or do you think this is just because my account is still so new? Most of my other reward CCs like IT and Freedom show my cash back on the actual statement which is nice. I didn't see anything having to do with cash back on my BCE statement.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE Reward Dollars

i just got bce ealier this month but i assume its going to work like their rewards points, where they are pretty much a month delayed there is some statement about the rewards not being ava till balance is paid or somthing to that effect

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 2 of 6
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

Unfortunately Amex is slow with updating rewards. Reading on this board an others is takes them 1-2 billing cycles for rewards to post.

Heck, they just recently were able to update the system/process to speed up decisions regarding Costco Amex applications. It was taking then up to 2 weeks to verify membership.

Hopefully at some point they'll work on that and get figured out.

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 6
ElCamino
Contributor

Amex takes their time with rewards, at least from my experience with the BCE. After I hit my required spend for the $100 bonus, it took one extra statement before I was awarded the credit, though none of the actual spending I did has been awarded yet. I've heard it can be as much as 3 months to get rewards.

Edit: I have heard that if you REALLY need the points it's possible to call Amex and request that they post them, but it's probably one of those YMMV things.

Amex BCE: $16.5k, Discover It: $5k, Chase Freedom Visa: $10k, Fidelity Amex: $7.5k, PenFed Cash Rewards Visa: $3.5k, CapOne Union Plus MC: $4.5k, Barclays Upromise MC: $5k, BoA Cash Rewards 123 MC: $1.5k
Message 4 of 6
MeridianRN86

My rewards dollars are showing up.
Best Buy: $600
Bill Me Later: $1510
Discover IT:$2500
Barclaycard: $3700
Belks:$4050
Amex BCE: $9000

EQ: 757/EX:761 (4/14/13)
Message 5 of 6
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

@ElCamino wrote:

Amex takes their time with rewards, at least from my experience with the BCE. After I hit my required spend for the $100 bonus, it took one extra statement before I was awarded the credit, though none of the actual spending I did has been awarded yet. I've heard it can be as much as 3 months to get rewards.

Edit: I have heard that if you REALLY need the points it's possible to call Amex and request that they post them, but it's probably one of those YMMV things.

As soon as the last charge to clear $1000 posted, Amex immediately added my $100 to my account from the sign up bonus. I still haven't had rewards from purchases to post yet but I think my second statement closed yesterday or today (I haven't got the email yet).

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.