Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE and BCP

tag
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

AMEX BCE and BCP

Can someone explain the differnet between these two cards? I have an pre-approval email from AMEX today that is offering me $100 bonus for getting this card. In all honesty I would prefer the BCP but not sure what the big different is. Thank you.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LilNYC
New Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE and BCP

BCP: 6% on groceries, 3% gas & dept stores, 1% everything else. $75 AF but $150 offer if you spend $1,000 in 90 days

BCE: 3% on griveries,   2% gas & dept. stores, 1% everything else. NO FEE. $100 offer if you spend $1000 in 90 days

Suppossedly the same approval criteria.

My advice would be to spply for the BCP & if you don't want to pay the fee next year call amex & ask them to PC it to the BCE.

Citi Thank You $13,200 - Chase Freedom $3,100 - AMEX Zync NPSL (init. ability $17.5K) - Citi Forward $7,000 - AMEX BCP $6,000 - USAA Rate Adv $15,000 - USAA World MC $12,000 - Discover More $4,000 - Amex Hilton Honors $4,500 - Amex SPG $2,000 - Barclay's Priceline Rewards $6,400 - Chase Sapphire Pref. $7,500

EQ: 794. TU: 704. EX: 755
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

One of the card review websites breaks down the comparison of the AmEx Blue Cash Everyday vs. Preferred in annual savings on typical expenses (gas, groceries, dept stores, misc). Depending on how much you charge will depend on if the annual fee will be offset in your cashback. But, since there is 1 year without the AF, you might as well take advantage of it.

Message 3 of 7
Crashem
Valued Contributor

With first year bonus, only a $25 dollar difference.  So do you spend more than around 800 dollars a year at grocery stores?  At end of year, you can just downgrade.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 4 of 7
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

all the info above is accurate, but the AF for the BCP isnt waived.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 5 of 7
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

Thank you for all the great info. I will definitely go for the BCP and if need to will PC for the BCE later.

Message 6 of 7
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Did the email have this subject: "Limited Time Offer -- Earn $100 Bonus"? If so that is not a pre-approval, just spam. I got one and I already have the Blue Cash Everyday.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.