Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE and BCP?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX BCE and BCP?

My sister wants to know if she can get an AMEX BCP in addition to her BCE because she's going to be spending more on groceries now. Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX BCE and BCP?

@Anonymous wrote:

My sister wants to know if she can get an AMEX BCP in addition to her BCE because she's going to be spending more on groceries now. Thanks!

I don't see why not.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

AFAIK you can have up to 4 Amex issued cards (this doesn't include 3rd part Amex cards like Fidelity or Citi). Among these 4 I think you can have whatever card you want as long as you don't have multiples of the same product, i.e. 2 different BCP.
Message 3 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, you can have one of each.   But depending on spend a Sallie Mae might well give better rewards  

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would look at Sallie Mae first. If she already has a BCE, I would wait until January to take advantage of Amex backdating before applying for BCP. 

Message 5 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sure if her credit supports it.  Consider the other grocery rewards cards out there first though and crunch the numbers to see what would be the best fit.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.