Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE and a general question

tag
codimom
Frequent Contributor

AMEX BCE and a general question

i took a gamble... after not appying for ANY credit for a few years, I have gone off the wagon and appied for, and received approval for, the AMEX BCE card (based on what I read here, and trying to get a nice looking report).  So... AMEX approved the app and i got the letter today with my score and what they used in deciding my score. 

If you simply read the FICO portion of the letter, you'd swear it was a rejection!  The question I have is based on the portion "key factors that adversely affected your FICO score"... The ones that confuse me is this... proportion of revolving balances to revolving credit limits is too high.  Before the bce, i have 3 open credit lines, and all have a zero balance.  In 3 years, none have been over 50% of the total limit.  What could they possibly be seeing?  Also they said too few accounts paid as agreed.. they ALL are.  So the second question is.. even though I was approved should I go and pull the experian report to see if i can find what they saw?

I'm going back to no apps for a while... hopefully at least a year...

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX BCE and a general question

I wouldn't read too much into it.  I got that same letter with my recent Blue approval and it had similar stuff, despite me having 2% reported utilization and whatnot.  They have to put something there, so they just put something there.  It shouldn't cause any concern.

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

We all get that same blurb in the disclosure paperwork they send us.  It should say: "Key factors that can adversely affect anyone's FICO® score."  I think that would take some of the confusion out of their disclosure comments. 

Message 3 of 24
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Thanks.  I have been so hyper-focused on rebuilding I tend to over think it.

Back in the garden!
Message 4 of 24
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

@ Codimom 

Because you got the letter it means that you did not get the best credit terms they offer they have to do this now its the law. You probably got the higher APR as in the 20.24% or 22.24% APR. Not a big deal because you probably got year no interest anyway and you can call in a year when its over and ask to have it lowered. Anyway since you got the letter and not the best terms you can go to Experian (guessing since it was Amex) right now like the letter says and you can get your report free for 90 days as long as you got an adverse action in the last 60 days. It reports everyday too, its wonderful. 

http://www.experian.com/reportaccess/#requestReport    

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 5 of 24
codimom
Frequent Contributor

AHA! that was going to be my next question.. when are reports normally updatedSmiley Happy  yes it was experian.. and as far as I know they are the only card that ever told me what my score actually is (or at least the one they used)

Back in the garden!
Message 6 of 24
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

Every day. You can look for 90 days. 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 7 of 24
codimom
Frequent Contributor

and wow, that was illuminating!  seems when Capone bought my hsbc account... they never moved the balance!!!!! showing open, with a balance... which does not exist here in the real world.

Back in the garden!
Message 8 of 24
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

Hmmmm , you should call them. That maybe what Amex means about "too few accounts paid as agreed". 

Message 9 of 24
codimom
Frequent Contributor

its showing 'paid/never late' but its showing a balance that does not exist.  I will call them.

Back in the garden!
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.