Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE and a general question

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE and a general question

Quick thanks for the free reports for FCRA, I actually had no idea that you could do that within 90 days of being denied credit. Another reason I'm happy I lurk these forums for information.

Message 11 of 24
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Op, what score and apr did you get? Remember about Amex cli policy.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 12 of 24
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

@JSU 

Your welcome! Remember to write down (or take a pic with your phone like I do) your report number then you can log in for 90 days. 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 13 of 24
codimom
Frequent Contributor

The FICO that was on the letter is an Experian... 689.   enlighten me about the CLI for ax?

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 14 of 24
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@codimom wrote:

The FICO that was on the letter is an Experian... 689.   enlighten me about the CLI for ax?

Use the card fairly lightly and PIF or even faster.  In 61 days, you are eligible for CLI for up to 3X of your credit line.  This will be soft inquiry based CLI.  If you are going to use the AMEX heavily, just pay it often.  You want to look like responsible borrower to AMEX.  After the CLI in 61 days, you are eligible for soft based CLI requests every 6 months.  You can quickly build up your CL with AMEX and therefore put pressure on existing and new card issuers to do the same.

Message 15 of 24
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Thank you!  I had planned on using it as my 'daily' card... replacing my debit card.. I intend to pay in full every month.. but looks like I'll do it like I do my store cards.. use them, and pay them off either immediately at the counter (kohls) or online as soon as it appears on my account page.

Back in the garden!
Message 16 of 24
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Yeah.  Just need to do it during this CLI period.  Once you hopefully get your full 3X CLI, you can pay PIF by due date instead of often.

Message 17 of 24
codimom
Frequent Contributor

A quick update. i entered a dispute for that balance on the HSBC that turned into CAP1... they updated it to show zero, that it was TRANSFERRED/closed  and show the correct 0 balance. 

Now off to find that back door number for AMEX to ask if they can change my membership date... my original card (although corporate) shows member snce 2004! I would love to have that date as my date for my AAoA!

Back in the garden!
Message 18 of 24
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@codimom wrote:

A quick update. i entered a dispute for that balance on the HSBC that turned into CAP1... they updated it to show zero, that it was TRANSFERRED/closed  and show the correct 0 balance. 

Now off to find that back door number for AMEX to ask if they can change my membership date... my original card (although corporate) shows member snce 2004! I would love to have that date as my date for my AAoA!

Good luck.  I have heard mixed messages on whether they consider corporate cards in establishing member date so don't be upset if they say no.

Also, you asked earlier what "too few trade lines paid as agreed" means:  It is basically saying you have too few accounts (not enough trade lines) that are reporting for you.  How many total credit/charge cards do you have and reporting actively?

Finally, make sure to check all three bureaus for that same mistake with the HSBC to Cap One balance.

Message 19 of 24
codimom
Frequent Contributor

I stayed far away from credit cards for a long time.. I allowed someone to drag me down into as close to bk as you can probably get without actually pulling the trigger, so I have been in major rebuild mode for a while.  Its almost like being overweight, then losing the weight but still see yourself as a heavy person?  Thats kind of how I've been with my credit cards.  Anyway... here is what I currently have... all with a zero balance. (in age order)

Kohls 100 limit (totally screwed this one up 3 years ago.. long story... but in good standng now)

Target 1000cl

Chase Slate      1800 cl (descreased from 3500 when I paid it off the first time)

Cap 1/HSBC transfer.  3500CL

Barclays Frontier card 4500 CL

Amex BCE 2000 cl

So I'm rebuilding slowly....any suggestions? 

Back in the garden!
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.