Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE approved!

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE approved!

Congrats!!! I started usin my Amex BCE yesterday!!!

I had 'em overnight it to me! Literally app'ed Monday night and had it in hand by 1 pm yesterday even with having to do the addy verification process thing (due to fraud alerts) Faaaabbbbuuullooouussss Cust Service!
Tgif btw!! Party time!!!!!

Congrats!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 25
frisbie124
Valued Member

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

I had 'em overnight it to me! Literally app'ed Monday night and had it in hand by 1 pm yesterday even with having to do the addy verification process thing (due to fraud alerts) Faaaabbbbuuullooouussss Cust Service!

Congrats!!!

Thanks! (And yes, TGIF!)

That's a great advice about having them overnight it. Do I just call the regurlar customer service number or is there a better number to call for this? Thoughts, anyone? 

Message 12 of 25
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Frisbie,

Do you know why your EQ FICO is so much lower than your other scores?  Is there a negative on there that isn't on the others, or an account not reporting?

Also, could you let us know which credit bureau Amex pulled for you when you find out?

Just curious.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 13 of 25
frisbie124
Valued Member

@SnackTrader wrote:

Frisbie,

Do you know why your EQ FICO is so much lower than your other scores?  Is there a negative on there that isn't on the others, or an account not reporting?

Also, could you let us know which credit bureau Amex pulled for you when you find out?

Just curious.

Snacktrader - The other two scores are VantageScores so in comparison to the EQ FICO they're prob around the same level. Does that make sense? I might be wrong about FICO vs Vantage/FAKO but that is my understanding from what I've read around. 

Yes, I will def let you know which credit bureu Amex pulled from when I find out.  Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 25
Creditchaser
Established Member

Congrats!     Smiley Very Happy

I was approved for Amex BCE the other day. I called customer service to find out my CL.   Instant approval for $9.5K

Please post your CL once you find out.

Message 15 of 25
calihlove75
Established Contributor

I want a BCE. I have no idea why I want an AMEX so bad. Everyone else has one so I want one too!!!

Congrats!!

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 16 of 25
alboto
Regular Contributor

Calihlove75 I want it so bad too, but waiting for some cards to report $0 balance. The wait is killing me.
Message 17 of 25
frisbie124
Valued Member

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

Congrats!!!

So I called Amex a few mins ago. They told me my application has already been finalized and they can't expedite it any more. Had I called right after being approved, they would've been able to rush my card. No worries though. I'm willing to wait for it. Smiley Happy

@Creditchaser wrote:

Congrats!     Smiley Very Happy

I was approved for Amex BCE the other day. I called customer service to find out my CL.   Instant approval for $9.5K

Please post your CL once you find out.

Creditchaser - Thanks! Congrats on your $9.5k CL. That's pretty impressive! I've been approved for $2K, and I'm extremely happy with it since only a month ago, I didn't have any credit cards (besides Macy's store card) and now I have BCE and Chase Freedom Smiley Happy Smiley Happy 

Message 18 of 25
Mustangfrank
Regular Contributor

Excellent !!

Amex Zync NPSL 9/12, Amex CostcoTrue Earnings $10K 9/12
Amex BCE $3K 9/12 (Amex Back Dated to 1983)
Chase Sapphire Preferred $17K 11/12, Chase Freedom $7K 11/12
Discover More $750 11/12
CapitalOne Platinum Secured Card 2K 2/12 (Closed 12/12)
FICO: EQ = 804 EX = 802(Amex) TU = 801(Discover)
Message 19 of 25
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@frisbie124 wrote:

@SnackTrader wrote:

Frisbie,

Just curious.

Snacktrader - The other two scores are VantageScores so in comparison to the EQ FICO they're prob around the same level. Does that make sense? I might be wrong about FICO vs Vantage/FAKO but that is my understanding from what I've read around. 

Yes, I will def let you know which credit bureu Amex pulled from when I find out.  Smiley Happy

That makes sense.  I will be curious to know the score you were approved with (if Amex lets you know).  As you can probably tell, I am interested in obtaining the BCE/BCP and want to know how I stack up.  If you were approved with under 700 FICO, that would be very encouraging.  I have seen others on this site in recent week with approvals in the 690-720 range, which bodes very well for my chances.  As always, score isn't everything, but it is my opinion that it is a good indicator.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.