Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE chance?

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX BCE chance?

Personally, I would go for it now to lock in your 2013 MSD. If you want to be conservative, go for a charge card now and the BCE a few months down the road.
Message 11 of 18
GTT
Regular Contributor

I have my TU report in front of me. I can only see the inquries but I can't see how they show whether CC was approved or not.

Message 12 of 18
GTT
Regular Contributor

What is MSD?

Message 13 of 18
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@GTT wrote:

What is MSD?

That stands for Member Since Date. Amex will backdate any future cards to that date.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 14 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@GTT wrote:

I have my TU report in front of me. I can only see the inquries but I can't see how they show whether CC was approved or not.

Amex usually pulls EX but will pull all 3 if borderline. 

Inqs will not show approved or not -if interested a lender can extrapolate a Chase inq = Chase Freedom TL. 

Message 15 of 18
GTT
Regular Contributor

That's why I was wondering whether I should waiting these two new cards appear on my credit report before I go for amex.

I might need to take a car loan soon, would that impact a  lot?

Message 16 of 18
w003ptr
Contributor

@GTT wrote:

That's why I was wondering whether I should waiting these two new cards appear on my credit report before I go for amex.

I might need to take a car loan soon, would that impact a  lot?

Getting approved for 2 other cards isn't going to be a deciding factor for Amex.  I would stop all HPs if you're planning on getting a car loan soon.

Last App 12/8/13 - BoA Better Balance Rewards

Wallet: Discover IT $4500, Chase Freedom $3k, Citi Forward $3000, AmEx BCE $2k

Sock Drawer: Citi Diamond Preferred $10500, BoA BBR $7500, Citi Platinum Select $2200, AmEx Clear $2k, J.Crew $1850, US Bank Platinum $500

12/2013: TU = 763, EX = 791, EQ = ??
Message 17 of 18
tehpud
New Contributor

well here's my 2 cents, just finished an APP spree and had great success.  I went for the BCP.  I had 12+ inquiries on my report, but I did have higher allowances and lines of credit.  Not as thin.

Personally, i would wait until June of 2014.  You just got your first 5k limit card. You need to show how you use that.  You may get approved now, but ur limit may be very low.  I think by waiting you will allow yourself room to get a solid limit and if i may recommend, go for the BCP.

Show how you handle the $5k limit and garden. Come June I think you will be in a much better position.

To play devil's advocate - maybe you should apply for a charge green like the Green AMEX or PRG and for the BCE (after first app).  Get the backdate while you can locked into this year.

Starting Score: 507 TU | 549 EX | 525 EQ // 05/11
Current Score: 773TU | 740 EX | 751 EQ // 06/13
Goal Score: 775 TU | 795 EX | 745 EQ

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.