Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE first statement -- no rewards?

tag
Kyva
Valued Member

AMEX BCE first statement -- no rewards?

There's a reward section in the statement that lists the total for each category that earns different rate of cash back. I made some small purchases totaled ~$80 in the month and all the item in the reward section are shown as $0.00. The purchases made was resturants & online purchase, which I thought should be in the "Everything else" category that earns 1%.

I paid the card in full one day before the statement cuts so the card is at zero balance when the statement comes out, does this matter?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE first statement -- no rewards?

@Kyva wrote:

There's a reward section in the statement that lists the total for each category that earns different rate of cash back. I made some small purchases totaled ~$80 in the month and all the item in the reward section are shown as $0.00. The purchases made was resturants & online purchase, which I thought should be in the "Everything else" category that earns 1%.

I paid the card in full one day before the statement cuts so the card is at zero balance when the statement comes out, does this matter?

Hey Kyva!  Welcome to the Forums!

It took a full two statements before I started showing a balance in the rewards section on the Amex site.  Don't worry, you've earned some rewards on your purchases.  It just takes some time for Amex to post them for some reason.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 2 of 10
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

@improvingmycredit wrote:

@Kyva wrote:

Hey Kyva!  Welcome to the Forums!

It took a full two statements before I started showing a balance in the rewards section on the Amex site.  Don't worry, you've earned some rewards on your purchases.  It just takes some time for Amex to post them for some reason.  Smiley Happy

I agree, this happened to me as well and I emailed AMEX through the message center and they told me it should show up like before or after the next statement. If it doesn't just contact them.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 3 of 10
Indo
New Contributor

Amex runs 1 month behind on rewards. Meaning your next statement will yield rewards from your previous statement. You also need to make the minimum payment (on time) in order for your rewards to reflect on your account. Should you miss a payment or make a late payment you will not get the rewards for that statement period.

Starting Score: 673 EQ(2014)
Current Score: 784 EQ(2022)
Goal Score: 750+

Current cards: AmEx Gold (NPSL), Discover It ($17,000), Barclaycard Rewards ($15,600), Amazon Prime Rewards ($25,200), Apple Card ($15,500), AmEx Blue Business Plus ($30,000), Rakuten Visa ($8,000), My Best Buy ($15,000)
Message 4 of 10
boomhower
Valued Contributor

I think it took two months for my rewards to start rolling in as well. 

Message 5 of 10
Kyva
Valued Member

Thanks! That clears things up.

Message 6 of 10
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Kyva wrote:

There's a reward section in the statement that lists the total for each category that earns different rate of cash back. I made some small purchases totaled ~$80 in the month and all the item in the reward section are shown as $0.00. The purchases made was restaurants & online purchase, which I thought should be in the "Everything else" category that earns 1%.

It is always one mouth behind.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gosh I can't wait to see my first points on my new Platinum I already bought my son a new iPad for graduation and did it though the site so I'm suppose to get the 6x points for that purchase and I will easily meet the 3 month spend 2k to get the 50,000 bonus points it's going to be sweet!!

Message 8 of 10
r34dy2fly
Contributor

I wish I had that offer when I did mine. I'm pretty sure I got absolutely no rewards when I opened my account. Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang no rewards??  Bummer!  At least you still have the card though!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.