Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE or USAA Visa?

tag
xgac12x
Established Contributor

AMEX BCE or USAA Visa?

Im trying to figure out what cards I should apply for next, after I come out of gardening. Should I apply for just one, or the three I'm going for, like in one day.

1. AMEX BCE

2. Chase Freedom

3. USAA Visa

I really would like to establish a relationship with American Express, but then again maybe the other cards would be good as well. I'm not sure if I should just go for all three or just the AMEX, or the USAA.

Thanks.

CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: AMEX BCE or USAA Visa?

What are you looking for? What's your cr profile? AAOA, INQ'S, baddies etc
Message 2 of 19
chnceit
Valued Contributor

What does your profile look like?

1. AMEX BCE - Great card to have, but if you dont have a prior relationship with AMEX is a tad bid harder to get. Charge cards are easier to get in with AMEX. 

2. Chase Freedom - Easiest card of the 3

3. USAA Visa - Good good to get if you are a full member - lower interest rate. If not full member interest rate is ridiculous. 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 3 of 19
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Well I got my first card a year ago. My mom put me on with her Kohls (06/12). And the rest, my best buy (01/13), discover (03/13) and then cap one (06/13). I have a EX score  of 666, like 9 inquiries and ive always paid on time. i do not carry a balance on anything except for the Best Buy card, because it has no interest for 24 months

Message 4 of 19
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Well Im really not trying to have an annual fee, thats my problem.. Should I just get the green card instead of the BCE?

and for the USAA, my grandfather was in the military, I am not a member, so I dont know if i would get approved or not..

thanks

Message 5 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Chase will not consider the store cc and the AU. Now, you are down to 2 cc's less than 6 mos old. IF they approve you it would be a toy limit . I can't see Amex approving based on the thin file, less than 700 CS with no prior Amex history and 9 inq's.

What is your util on BB?
Message 6 of 19
xgac12x
Established Contributor

The BB card is 42% utilized..

Message 7 of 19
xgac12x
Established Contributor

I'm really just going for something that doesnt have any annual fee, has decent rewards and is most definitely unsecured. 

Message 8 of 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Get your util down, wait a fees more months for Discover to age. Maybe you'll get a CLI with Discover and then app for Freedom. Keep up the good work, you are on the right track.
Message 9 of 19
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Okay thanks. I am looking to pay off the BB card in the next couple of months, I'm sick of having a balance on it..the next payment I make will bring it down to 32% util..I am probably going to wait about 6-7 more months to apply for any new cards anyways, just trying to get something set in stone so I know what I want at the time that I do apply. 

Thank you, I really appreciate it! 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.