cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE short credit history

tag
mcampbell14

AMEX BCE short credit history

I was wondering when I should be able to apply for the AMEX BCE?

I had a PNC secured CC as my first CC for 18 months and I closed it in February because of the annual fee. I received a Chase Freedom with CL $3000 in February and DCU platinum Visa with CL $500 in March. This would put my revolving AAOA around 7 months [ (18+2+1)/3=7 ]? I always PIF but this month I let 13% UTI report. 

I also have 6 deffered student loans reporting as $19,500 but "pays as agreed". Credit Karma says my overall AAOA is 1.42 yrs with oldest open line of credit being 2.58 years.

My gross monthly income is about $550 right now but will become $2080 when I start my summer internship in may. Am I allowed to apply with an annual income of $24,960 ($2080 times 12 months) even though I will only be making that pay for the summer? 

No baddies on any of my reports, 2 inquiries on TU and 1 on EQ.  

Thanks for all your help!!!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
mcampbell14

Re: AMEX BCE short credit history

Forgot to add that my EQ FICO was 720 before the applications for the freedom and DCU credit card. I am not sure what it is now.

Message 2 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Amex usually pulls exp but could pull all 3. IMO, you should wait until you are actually working.
Message 3 of 12
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

I would advise against stating that your gross annual is 24k. bump it up 10% more than what you filed for taxes last year. If you're FR'd, and you stated 24k, you can't prove it.

On the other hand, your chances of getting an FR are low, so the risk is up to you.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 4 of 12
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

I would wait till you've had a yr with your Freedom.  Amex revolvers are tough to get with little history. You'd have a much better chance with a revolver but I don't see you justifying the AF.  GL nice starting limit with the Freedom btw.f

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 5 of 12
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

I said you'd have a better chance with a revolver and I meant charge card.  lol...long day for meef.....

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 6 of 12
enharu
Super Contributor

You cannot calculate that as your annual income if you already know you will be working there for just 3 months. This is considered as fraud.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@migliogiorni wrote:

I would wait till you've had a yr with your Freedom.  Amex revolvers are tough to get with little history. You'd have a much better chance with a revolver but I don't see you justifying the AF.  GL nice starting limit with the Freedom btw.f

I agree with this. Also you don't want to fudge numbers and get FR'ed.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 12
karachiken

I just approved the Blue Cash Preferred with 3.5K limit

My AAOA only 3 months, the oldest card history only 6 months

So you might be fine !! I guess !! LOL

Message 9 of 12
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:
You cannot calculate that as your annual income if you already know you will be working there for just 3 months. This is considered as fraud.

I get the gist of what you're saying but I'm not sure if the CC's agree with you. Last year when i was reconing for an AMEX BCE card over the phone. The operator asked what my annual income was. I gave her a number based upon my summer income and my GI bill housing allowance and my job during the school year. She tole me I could only put my estimated yearly salary off what I currently make (which was GI Bill and part time job) a month times 12. Maybe she was wrong or didn't know what she was talking about but the way she made it sound was whatever your income is currently (clearly barring one time payments or bonuses) extrapolated out for the year is how you get annual salary.

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.