Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE vs AMEX Everyday

tag
Weights
Regular Contributor

AMEX BCE vs AMEX Everyday

I've seen quite a few posts about their new everyday card.  I'm wondering, in your opinion, which of these two cards is the better choice?  I currently have the BCE, but was thinking at some point down the line about apping for everyday if it's better.  I'm not interested in the preferred for either, since most of my grocery shopping is done at Sam's Club, which isn't classified as a grocery store. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE vs AMEX Everyday

It's your call. I have both and personally I prefer EveryDay, because I want MR points instead of cash back. 

I am kind of in the same boat with you since I shop at Costco, which isn't classified as a grocery store either.

Message 2 of 14
angelcred10
Regular Contributor

@Weights wrote:

I've seen quite a few posts about their new everyday card.  I'm wondering, in your opinion, which of these two cards is the better choice?  I currently have the BCE, but was thinking at some point down the line about apping for everyday if it's better.  I'm not interested in the preferred for either, since most of my grocery shopping is done at Sam's Club, which isn't classified as a grocery store. 

Depends on how you plan to use the rewards.. BCE I LOVE mine, the cash back is my reason for using cards.

The Everyday is MR points, honestly I don't know how to even use them so I'm interested in hearing people mention good ways to do it.

I've always heard nothing but "use for flights" I don't get why still

bang for your buck situation but I can't get to the MR site to see what they mean when I always get it explained.

The only large benefit is the 2x points at Supermarkets, not sure what they qualify as such

Starting Score: 635 Current Score: 659 Discover Pull
Goal Score:720s
Tried to use Images but it was all Wibbly, Wobbly, and Timey-Wimey.
Message 3 of 14
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

+1

Message 4 of 14
Vegas247
Established Contributor

@angelcred10 wrote:

@Weights wrote:

Depends on how you plan to use the rewards.. BCE I LOVE mine, the cash back is my reason for using cards.

The Everyday is MR points, honestly I don't know how to even use them so I'm interested in hearing people mention good ways to do it.

I've always heard nothing but "use for flights" I don't get why still

bang for your buck situation but I can't get to the MR site to see what they mean when I always get it explained.

The only large benefit is the 2x points at Supermarkets, not sure what they qualify as such

+1

$600 Barclaycard® Rewards MasterCard® - Average Credit $6500 Blue Cash Everyday® Card from American Express $30k credit card16k Chase Freedom® - $200 Bonus12k VSiggy
Message 5 of 14
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

For me it for sure remains BCP/BCE as long as Amex collects FTF.  I am not using the card as everyday card as 60% of my charges occur outside the US.  Once Amex will drop FTF then it would be the Everyday for me with a lot more usage.

Message 6 of 14
angelcred10
Regular Contributor

Guys at the forum, I wonder
Can this truly be an "everyday" card that is good?

With QS, I have 1.25 cash back
With BCE I've got the 3 2 1
(obviously use the 3 2)
And freedom/discover rotating categories

Where can this card even fit in at only 2 and 1%?

(Not sure how to figure in the 20% bonus is why I ask)
Message 7 of 14
Chris679
Established Contributor

@angelcred10 wrote:
Guys at the forum, I wonder
Can this truly be an "everyday" card that is good?

With QS, I have 1.25 cash back
With BCE I've got the 3 2 1
(obviously use the 3 2)
And freedom/discover rotating categories

Where can this card even fit in at only 2 and 1%?

(Not sure how to figure in the 20% bonus is why I ask)

Like others said I think it really boils down to how you use the MR points.  I have no experience with them so I don't see how this card beats the ones you listed but I have seen others post about how great the MR points are for travel and things of that nature.  I needed a 0% APR card anyway so the chance to backdate a new AMEX card was just perfect timing.  After the intro is up I don't see how this card will get any use. 

Message 8 of 14
angelcred10
Regular Contributor

And that's where I'm worried, id LOVE to get a new card for that very reason as well
But overall I don't see why else to use it
Message 9 of 14
abundancejones
Regular Contributor

im not quite sure. Is it true that this new Everyday card is more suitable for leaving a balance? I hear AMEX, in general, dosen't like balances. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.