Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE vs Costco?

tag
mauwow0682
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE vs Costco?

The Costco/Amex rewards checks can be redeemed for cold hard cash at the membership desk not just towards purchases...sometime a man needs a little bit pocket cash.

I picked TE because I already have a bofa 123 linked to my checking account that when I redeem Into my account I get an extra 10%. So I didn't see the need for BCE/P.

And who am I kidding? I really just wanted 2 cards in one for more room in my wallet. :-)

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 25
electra
Established Contributor

Thanks for all the feedback!  I think I'm going to app for the BCE when my new NFCU statement posts in the next few days.  Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 25
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@electra wrote:

I guess I shop more than I thought as Costco since I spent enough to make the executive membership worthwhile but I do most of my shopping at Whole Foods.   I buy gas when I can at Costco but it's not exactly conveniently located so I'd say I get my gas there maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of the time.  So, maybe the BCE would be better.  

If you do most of your shopping at whole foods, unless you are a very light shopper, the BCP is almost certainly better than the BCE.  Ignoring gas and dept store benefits, BCP is better when your annual spend is > $2500 (which isn't many trips to WF!).

Message 23 of 25
flyingace
Valued Member

I was under the impression that you couldn't use a regula...

I was under the impression that you couldn't use a regular AMEX at Costco, save for the TE card... am I correct?

In my Snoopy holder: NFCU Flagship Sig Visa-- $11K | Chase Freedom -- $2500 | AMEX BCE -- $2000 | Amazon Visa -- $2000 | Discover It $1500| Old Navy Visa -- $1000 | Target Red Card -- $300

TU (Disc Pull 4/29/13) -- 752 | AmexEQ (6/13/13) -- 728 | AmexEXP-- 737 | AmexTU-- 737 (5/28/13)
Goals: 740 EQ/EXP/TU
Gardening until 12/3/13 -- or longer
Message 24 of 25
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

Re: I was under the impression that you couldn't use a regula...

@flyingace wrote:

I was under the impression that you couldn't use a regular AMEX at Costco, save for the TE card... am I correct?

Any card with an American Express logo can be used at Costco.

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.