Frequent Contributor
mauwow0682

Re: AMEX BCE vs Costco?

The Costco/Amex rewards checks can be redeemed for cold hard cash at the membership desk not just towards purchases...sometime a man needs a little bit pocket cash.

I picked TE because I already have a bofa 123 linked to my checking account that when I redeem Into my account I get an extra 10%. So I didn't see the need for BCE/P.

And who am I kidding? I really just wanted 2 cards in one for more room in my wallet. :-)

Starting Score: 620 FAKO
Current Score: FICO TU 715 (wal-mart) FICO EQ 692
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
electra

Thanks for all the feedback!  I think I'm going to app for the BCE when my new NFCU statement posts in the next few days.  :smileyhappy:

Starting Score: TU:584 | EQ 584
Current Score: TU FICO: 711 | EQ FICO 713 | EX (USAA FAKO) 779
Goal Score: 780 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
longtimelurker

electra wrote:

I guess I shop more than I thought as Costco since I spent enough to make the executive membership worthwhile but I do most of my shopping at Whole Foods.   I buy gas when I can at Costco but it's not exactly conveniently located so I'd say I get my gas there maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of the time.  So, maybe the BCE would be better.  

If you do most of your shopping at whole foods, unless you are a very light shopper, the BCP is almost certainly better than the BCE.  Ignoring gas and dept store benefits, BCP is better when your annual spend is > $2500 (which isn't many trips to WF!).

Most active cards: Amex BC ($50K), Cap One QS ($33K) Fidelity Amex ($20K)
Others: CSP, Freedom, Chase Amazon, Cap One QS, Penfed Plat Rewards (x2), Citi TY Preferred, Citi Dividend, Citi AA Plat Select, Citi Forward, Amex BCE, Amalgamated Bank, Sallie Mae, Cash Plus
Scores May 14: EQ 848, EX 833, TU 841 (Jul)
Valued Member
flyingace

I was under the impression that you couldn't use a regula...

I was under the impression that you couldn't use a regular AMEX at Costco, save for the TE card... am I correct?

In my Snoopy holder: NFCU Flagship Sig Visa-- $11K | Chase Freedom -- $2500 | AMEX BCE -- $2000 | Amazon Visa -- $2000 | Discover It $1500| Old Navy Visa -- $1000 | Target Red Card -- $300

TU (Disc Pull 4/29/13) -- 752 | AmexEQ (6/13/13) -- 728 | AmexEXP-- 737 | AmexTU-- 737 (5/28/13)
Goals: 740 EQ/EXP/TU
Gardening until 12/3/13 -- or longer
Regular Contributor
sengpatt

Re: I was under the impression that you couldn't use a regula...

flyingace wrote:

I was under the impression that you couldn't use a regular AMEX at Costco, save for the TE card... am I correct?

Any card with an American Express logo can be used at Costco.

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+