Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE

tag
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

AMEX BCE

So I remembered reading somewhere on here that if you apply for an amex when you are logged into your account that it is a soft pull, so I logged in and applied for the BCE. I got an instant decline which is fine bc I was declined for the BCP last month so I wasn't going to bother with RECON since I did it last time and got no where. This was last night

So this morning I checked my e-mail and had one from AMEX saying that my application was pending? I checked the app status website through AMEX and of course there it is that it is pending.

Has anyone had this happen and should I be getting my hopes up?

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

In the garden since 4/22/13 | Hating on Capital One since '09
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE

@a3quit4s wrote:

So I remembered reading somewhere on here that if you apply for an amex when you are logged into your account that it is a soft pull, so I logged in and applied for the BCE. I got an instant decline which is fine bc I was declined for the BCP last month so I wasn't going to bother with RECON since I did it last time and got no where. This was last night

So this morning I checked my e-mail and had one from AMEX saying that my application was pending? I checked the app status website through AMEX and of course there it is that it is pending.

Has anyone had this happen and should I be getting my hopes up?

With those credit lines unless you are maxed out I would think you would get approved!

Message 2 of 15
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

They denied me because of high INQ and to many new accounts lol

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

Message 3 of 15
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Ooo! I'd call in giiiiiirl! Or boooooy!! Haha :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 15
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

I was thinking of calling in but I'm honestly tired of RECON with them. I was denied the BCP and I called and even wrote a letter and got nowhere so I'll just let this one pan out and see what happens. I was just wondering if anyone else has had the experience of getting denied and then getting an e-mail that the app was pending.

It's just weird.

If I get approved it could mean that we were wrong thinking the BCP and BCE have the same underwriting though?

Message 5 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Has it been more than 30 days since the denal? Did they pull a second cr on your recon?
Message 6 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I have seen tons of people apply 6 times and all of a sudden get approved, don't think it's because lending criteria between those 2 blue or different... Just a change they were looking for and I would say it would be so many months out on your gold
Message 7 of 15
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah...
I remember one person applying every month for like 5 months and finally got approved....
Maybe your recon is actually working now...
I know Citi took TWO months to approve me on recon. Heh
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 15
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

I just checked and my original BCP app was 3/9/13 and they have my BCE app at 4/22/13 which is strange so it's been two days since I applied and didn't realize it. 

Yes they did pull a second when RECON'd and if it helps my PRG app was approved on 3/6/13. But when I app'd and reconed and the BCP they didn't mention that my PRG approval had anything to do with my denial because I did think of that.

Strange things over at AMEX. I only applied again and changed it to BCE because so many people were getting approved.

Do soft pulls hurt my garden since date!

Message 9 of 15
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I don't count soft pulls! Lol
So Amex really does only sp for existing members? Interesting! I can't wait to take advantage of that feature!
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.