AMEX BCP 1% Bonus Cash Back

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX BCP 1% Bonus Cash Back

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So it's an "extra" 1% back? 

I'm confused as I thought this card always gives 1% back regardless outside of the 2 preferred category spends?

It does, so it's 7% on groceries, 4% on gas/select dept stores and 2% elsewhere, up to a maximum of $7,500 spend  (which means it can't be all used on groceries).

IMO, a lot less exciting than it appears, as it maxes out at $75 for quite a high spend in a fairly short time.  

It's a nice offer, nothing earth shattering. Just like any other offer, they're hoping to get you in the habit of using the card as your default, and then you keep the habit, and all they have to pay out is $75 or less.

Message 11 of 15
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

Better then what I received today! Amex told me I can cash out my MRs for Hilton giftcards at a 25% discount! Wow.......Nope! lol

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 12 of 15
Runitup
Regular Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So it's an "extra" 1% back? 

I'm confused as I thought this card always gives 1% back regardless outside of the 2 preferred category spends?

It does, so it's 7% on groceries, 4% on gas/select dept stores and 2% elsewhere, up to a maximum of $7,500 spend  (which means it can't be all used on groceries).

IMO, a lot less exciting than it appears, as it maxes out at $75 for quite a high spend in a fairly short time.  

It's a nice offer, nothing earth shattering. Just like any other offer, they're hoping to get you in the habit of using the card as your default, and then you keep the habit, and all they have to pay out is $75 or less.

Think of it as covering the increase in the annual fee for one year for doing absolutely nothing.

Message 13 of 15
Involver
Valued Contributor

Got this offer as well but have no faith that Amex will actually calculate and apply my rewards to my account.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

At least they were kind enough to offer a bonus in an increment of $25 to make redemption easier hahahahahahahahah
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.