Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCP 10% back at U.S. Restaurants...Limited Time Offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX BCP 10% back at U.S. Restaurants...Limited Time Offer

scrambled Just recall the eat out bonus goes away on 5/31/17.  They count fast food and tablecloth dining.     Its a great card   Because of the weather damage to our house I had to make two very large trips to Home Depot many thousands of dollars  no hassle. I paid the first one off same day as charge no problem.   Now the other charge not getting paid so fast. Hey they gave us 12 months at -0- % and won't need all that but will take 2 months to pay.  

Message 11 of 20
LRA

I received the statement credit but AMEX would not honor the 10% cash back on restaurants. The opened an investigation, agreed that I applied before May 3rd and still will not give me the statement credit. Any advise?

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

BCP has been my everyday card for years. I love it. I hate that the cashback takes a whole cycle to post, but its great. We never go over the 6k annual for groceries so its a good card for us. Even though I have other cards now, and use them for targeted spend, the BCP is still my primary card for most swipes. 

Message 13 of 20
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

@LRA wrote:

I received the statement credit but AMEX would not honor the 10% cash back on restaurants. The opened an investigation, agreed that I applied before May 3rd and still will not give me the statement credit. Any advise?

I got this same 10% on restaurants deal on my BCE a few months ago.  The 10% should have showed up as statement credit (not in your cash rewards balance) typically two days after a restaurant purchase posted to the account.  If you didn't see this, you probably didn't sign up for the right offer.  Amex is not known for matching offers if you get the wrong one.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex tried to pull the same sh*t with me, claiming the 10% restaurant was not part of my offer, luckily I've saved a few screen shots during my application process.  After numerous phone calls, I finally got an US based supervisor who credited $200 (10% of max $2000) to my account even though I had only spent about $500 at the time, I have since shifted my restaurant spending over to Discover's 10% (5% +CB match) so technically I got 40% back from Amex.
Message 15 of 20
LRA

I only used their online chat so maybe I need to try my luck at calling customer service directly. I just don't understand how they could not honor both deals. Even after they did an investigation, I was never even contact to get the results. Now I know to save screenshots during the application process if it involves offers.

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband received the same offer and it was not credited, they said they would open an investigation but now I'm thinking that is not going to lead anywhere. I guess we will be calling to try to have it honored. I wish we had saved screenshots. 
Message 17 of 20
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

One of the reasons I closed my BCE account in June after two years of use was that the statement credits from most Amex offers failed to post properly on my account, and I would have to go to chat and get them to manually get them started.  I found it amusing that every single one of the "computer glitches" at Amex was in their favor, never in my favor.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 18 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

One of the reasons I closed my BCE account in June after two years of use was that the statement credits from most Amex offers failed to post properly on my account, and I would have to go to chat and get them to manually get them started.  I found it amusing that every single one of the "computer glitches" at Amex was in their favor, never in my favor.

Yes (though I suspect that is the case for many issuers!).   In the past, there have also been issues with rewards from spending, and the month delay model makes it harder to determine if things are working correctly or not (whereas Chase for example makes it very simple to see what reward you got per transaction on the online statement)

And they aren't proactive.   When it turned out that certain supermarkets weren't being credited correctly, you had to call in to get the credit.  A company priding itself on customer service could have been more proactive.

Message 19 of 20
LRA

It's funny that you say that. I just did a quick calculation of my rewards and I'm short for the month of July.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.