Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCP Annual Fee, Utilization?

tag
supervelous
Regular Contributor

AMEX BCP Annual Fee, Utilization?

I am contemplating apping 1 more credit card before I garden, so I am trying to only have 1 card report a balance.  I already have Amazon reporting 18% utilization, I have paid it off but it doesn't report again to the CB's till 9/28/13, and I may app before then.  Might not be able to wait, since the card I want is apply in branch only, and I will only be in the region where this bank has branches from 9/23/13 - 9/27/13, traveling on business.

So, with all my other cards reporting 0 currently, I am wondering about my Amex BCP.  I used it and have paid it to zero, and my first statement cuts 9/20/13.  I know this card has a $75 annual fee which I understand will be charged.  Will that report as a balance on first reporting to the CB's?  Can I pay the $75 in advance of first closing date to ensure a $0 balance reporting?  

My limit is $2,000.  So $75 would be low util but I'm trying to avoid reporting balances on 2 cards.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX BCP Annual Fee, Utilization?

You can push your payment to pay the $75 fee in advance before statement cuts, I was able to get BCE with 22% or so reporting overall

Good luck

Message 2 of 8
minipoly1
Contributor

I though the annual fee is waived 1st year?

Amex BCE $17,600 | CSP $6,200 | PayPal Extras MC $3,000 | Discover $3,000 | BofA $3,000
Last app: Oct 1, 2013. No app until 2015 or new credit card with big bonus introduced.
Message 3 of 8
supervelous
Regular Contributor

I didn't think AMEX BCP was waived year 1, didn't see anything about that.

Message 4 of 8
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@minipoly1 wrote:

I think only amex charge cards like the PRG have first year AF waived, but don't quote me on that because i am not 100% sure

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5 of 8
leoment
Frequent Contributor

@minipoly1 wrote:

For the BCP, it's not waived.

OP, I was approved with ~30% util.. Clean file with no derogs & AAoA > 2 years

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 6 of 8
supervelous
Regular Contributor

@leoment wrote:

@minipoly1 wrote:

For the BCP, it's not waived.

OP, I was approved with ~30% util.. Clean file with no derogs & AAoA > 2 years

Thanks but to clarify, I am not apping for the BCP.  I already have it.  I am considering app for US Bank Cash+, because they accept applications in branch only and I will be in Chicago from 9/23-9/27.  I am trying to only have 1 card reporting, and thus do not want my BCP to report a balance on first reporting, which I assume will be soon since first closing date is 9/20/13.  I have already paid to zero, but wondering if the BCP will report $75 on first reporting to the Credit Bureaus, as I assume they charge annual fee on 1st statement.  
I am trying to figure out how to avoid them reporting a balance (ie. pay $75 on a current $0 balance, negating annual fee so Amex reports $0 on first reporting to credit bureaus.  

Message 7 of 8
leoment
Frequent Contributor

I apologize for mis-reading..

You can just push a payment through to them.  I pay my card through my bank's online bill-pay, and I have sent overpayments without issues to Amex.

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.