Valued Contributor
trumpet-205

Re: AMEX BCP - Best Time To Apply

angelclaudio wrote:

Also I will disagree with many of the comments here suggesting paying a few times is not good, I have been doing that b/c sometimes I'm not sure if I'm going to use my card again so in my spare time I will pay off an outstanding charge just to be on top of the game, and AMEX has very much appreciated that (evidently and verbally), so much that they been raising my spending ability every few days right after the payments. Now I can't contest AMEX prefers one solid payment, but to say AMEX doesn't appreciate many payments is not accurate.

Is not frequent payment being the problem. When you pay frequently your average payment goes down, which AMEX does not like (thinking on average you pay less).

In My Wallet:
Citi Forward (12/2010) | Citi Dividend (05/2011) | Chase Freedom (11/2011) | GECRB/PayPal (05/2012)
Discover it (07/2012) | AMEX BCP (09/2012) | TD/Target REDCard (10/2012) | Chase Ink Classic (11/2012)
BofA BBR (04/2013) | FNBO/Overstock.com (02/2014) | Barclaycard Arrival (04/2014) | FIA/Fidelity AMEX (04/2014)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+