cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCP CLI Button Love - How high can it go?

tag
lrdwilder
Established Member

AMEX BCP CLI Button Love - How high can it go?

I am so in love with my AMEX accounts! 

I have a Platinum card which I love and today decided that I would like to see what would happen if I touched the CLI button on Amex.com

Well after a little research it looked like this was only going to be a SP and I really wanted this to be my highest limit card.

History with this card as follows: 

Applied December 2011 - 9,000 CL pushed approximately 5-7k through the card and PIF before statement date. At 61 days called automated phone system and requested CLI to 25k, it was approved in about 20 seconds. To date I have spent approximately 38k through this card, and approxiamtely 28k through my Platinum. 

Today hit the button and asked for 30k it was approved in seconds!  I realize that I may become the target of a FR but I'm not worried about this, I am fortunate to have the finanicials to support a spend much greater. 

Now I wonder, what is the best line that is possible?!?!?!? In 6 - 9 mos do I ask for 40 or 50k? Has anyone ever gotten to that level with them?

EX - 729 (3 HP in last year) 0% util with 0% on amex, multi 30 days over 4 years ago (closer to 5).  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX BCP CLI Button Love - How high can it go?

I've read the max is either 25k or 30k without providing financials to Amex. Looks like 30k in this case. Any higher, they may want some docs to back it up. As for how high you can go with providing docs, I have never seen/read anyone brave enough to do it yet! Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 5
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've read the max is either 25k or 30k without providing financials to Amex. Looks like 30k in this case. Any higher, they may want some docs to back it up. As for how high you can go with providing docs, I have never seen/read anyone brave enough to do it yet! Smiley LOL

I can never increase my limits with AMEX Smiley Sad  I have been denied twice already since I got my Hilton card.   I can't even use the card cause once utilization goes up, it does not look nice for the CLI probability.  I usually pay on the due date --- does this have an effect on my chances for approval? I currently only use 25% of the card for a autocharge ATT Uverse Bill worth 400 bucks.

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 3 of 5
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

The likely reason why they will not grant you a CLI is because of all the other credit card accounts you have open. You have nearly 50,000.00 in available credit and a npsl amex zync. In their eyes you have likely tapped out your risk limit

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 4 of 5
lrdwilder
Established Member

As for me I never wait for the due date. I always pay the balance within a few days of it hitting. I did leave approx 5k on it for 1 mos and paid the interest on that early on in an effort to show having paid some kind of interest to them. 

I think alot has to due with income with AMEX, I read somewhere that 1/6 your income is a good guidline by their standards.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.