Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCP CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX BCP CLI

@nomoore wrote:

I had one Repo'd car that I got GW'd. It was my only baddie on a fairly thin file so it was pulling my score down a LOT.

First of all -- CONGRATULATIONS on your CL increase with AMEX BCP. Smiley Happy

How in the world were you able to get your repo off your CRs?  We have been trying to accomplish this very same thing (GW-ing a repo off the CRs) with absolutely NO luck whatsoever.  Toyota is being 100% stubborn on this saying: "Absolutely and unequivocally, NO!"  

You have been greatly blessed!!! 

Message 11 of 28
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Congrats! Very Nice!

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 28
nomoore
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How in the world were you able to get your repo off your CRs?  We have been trying to accomplish this very same thing (GW-ing a repo off the CRs) with absolutely NO luck whatsoever.  Toyota is being 100% stubborn on this saying: "Absolutely and unequivocally, NO!"  

I really think I am blessed. I was co-signer on the loan. The account wasn't even paid in full. It was settled for less than the full amount before I GW'd. The circumstances around it are pretty unique though so my letter was rather unique too. I emailed a very polite and logical letter to the president of the company and got a nice response from him about a week later that he was having someone look into it. A couple of days later I got an email from someone else there saying she had reviewed the account and that it was very out of the ordinary for her to GW it, but because of x, y, and z she would be removing it from all 3 CRAs. The way she said it made it seem like it wasn't her choice, but rather the President's. So maybe I am more of a smooth talker than I thought I was. Smiley Surprised

BTW, it wasn't through Toyota. Sorry!

Open Credit Cards:   Target Visa/5900CL    |    AMEX BCP/6000CL
Latest Credit Scores:   780 TU (2011-08-01)
Credit Score History:   708 EQ (2011-07-01)    |    682 TU (2011-06-30)    |    693 EQ (2010-05-21)
Message 13 of 28
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@nomoore wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I really think I am blessed. I was co-signer on the loan. The account wasn't even paid in full. It was settled for less than the full amount before I GW'd. The circumstances around it are pretty unique though so my letter was rather unique too. I emailed a very polite and logical letter to the president of the company and got a nice response from him about a week later that he was having someone look into it. A couple of days later I got an email from someone else there saying she had reviewed the account and that it was very out of the ordinary for her to GW it, but because of x, y, and z she would be removing it from all 3 CRAs. The way she said it made it seem like it wasn't her choice, but rather the President's. So maybe I am more of a smooth talker than I thought I was. Smiley Surprised

BTW, it wasn't through Toyota. Sorry!

I am sitting here with a totally spotless report wanting a BCE or BCP and am in complete and utter awe of anyone being able to score one with a repo on their report.

HUGE congrats on the card, the CLI and the GW success!  Smiley Happy

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 14 of 28
nomoore
Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

I am sitting here with a totally spotless report wanting a BCE or BCP and am in complete and utter awe of anyone being able to score one with a repo on their report.

HUGE congrats on the card, the CLI and the GW success!  Smiley Happy

@I didn't have the repo when I got approved. Initially the repo was the only baddie on my CR so decided to try it anyway since the repo was 5 years old. I applied for the BCP and got denied. Then I immediately decided to try a GW to get the repo off. A week later I had succeeded so I waited a few days until it showed up on my CRs and then did a recon with AMEX. With the repo gone and an otherwise spotless (1 revolving card w/ 5900CL, no mortgage, several installment) CR they approved me with a $2000 CL @21.24%.

I never thought I had a snowball's chance in hell of getting that repo GW'd but once I got denied for BCP I figured I would try anyway. I was shocked when it came off on the first try.

Credit Score History:   708 EQ (2011-07-01)    |    682 TU (2011-06-30)    |    693 EQ (2010-05-21)
Message 15 of 28
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Ah, well then HUGE Congrats on the GW success, then the Card Then the CLI Smiley LOL Still all awesome even though I feel better about the GW coming before the card Smiley Wink

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 16 of 28
nomoore
Contributor

Thanks RyVision. It does feel great. I could never have gotten any of it done without the great people and info on this forum. Glad you feel a little better too. I hope you keep hangin' in there and get a BCP of your own one day.

Message 17 of 28
dalebb
Valued Contributor

how is the cash back working for u Nomoore?

Message 18 of 28
nomoore
Contributor

I'm loving it! I have only had it since Aug and already have over $200 in cash back (in addition to the initial $100 bonus). I put all that I can through it except target purchases. I even use it to pay a few of my bills. I am looking hard at the Citi Forward to be my next card though. We tend to eat out a lot.

Message 19 of 28
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@nomoore wrote:

I'm loving it! I have only had it since Aug and already have over $200 in cash back (in addition to the initial $100 bonus). I put all that I can through it except target purchases. I even use it to pay a few of my bills. I am looking hard at the Citi Forward to be my next card though. We tend to eat out a lot.

u know i was looking at my points this morning on the citi forward and was not impressed at what i could get back and if i needed to buy points to get what i wanted b/c i was short some points i fell out of my chair at the cost of those points

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.