Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCP Offers

tag
fungoman
Regular Contributor

AMEX BCP Offers

Has anyone had any problems getting the "Amex Offers for You" to post as a statement credit? The only one I have taken advantage of to date was spend $50 at Lowes and get a $10 statement credit. I made a purchase for $61 mid April and had to go through live chat to get them to post the $10 credit. For those that have no issue, how long did it take for these credits to hit for you? Please note, these are not the standard 6%, 3%, or 1% rewards. These are special targeted offers inside of the site to various retailers.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: AMEX BCP Offers

@fungoman wrote:

Has anyone had any problems getting the "Amex Offers for You" to post as a statement credit? The only one I have taken advantage of to date was spend $50 at Lowes and get a $10 statement credit. I made a purchase for $61 mid April and had to go through live chat to get them to post the $10 credit. For those that have no issue, how long did it take for these credits to hit for you? Please note, these are not the standard 6%, 3%, or 1% rewards. These are special targeted offers inside of the site to various retailers.

I haven't had any problems getting my credits posted. Typical time frame has been 2-3 days after the charge has posted to my account. 

Message 2 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

@fungoman wrote:

For Amex offers, you can also use twitter / facebook / foursquare / other social media to sync up those offers even if they do not show up under "Offers for you" tab. Some offers are strictly targeted however.

List of some offers: https://twitter.com/americanexpress/favorites

I never had any issues with the offers myself, even when using an American Express network card that isn't issued by American Express directly. I sign up for the offer, use the card at that merchant, and have gotten an email about 5-10mins afterwards informing me that I'll be getting the credit. Once the charge itself is posted, the credit usually is posted within 24 hours as well.

Maybe it's just a one-time problem for you. Just make sure you can see the offer under "My offers" after it is synced / selected though.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 10
fungoman
Regular Contributor

Do I need to do anything with the offer before I utilize it?I just saw it there and went and used my card. They are manually posting this one that didnt go through for me.

Message 4 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@fungoman wrote:

Do I need to do anything with the offer before I utilize it?I just saw it there and went and used my card. They are manually posting this one that didnt go through for me.

Are you selecting the offer and then saving it to your card?

Message 5 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

@fungoman wrote:

for amex website:

if you see an offer that you want, click save offer.

it should then be reflected under "my offers".

Once you use the card and meet the spend requirements, you will get an email. The offer should be moved to "my savings" after several business days once the charge is posted.

for twitter / facebook / other social network:

sync your amex card with the social network account.

tweet / post about that offer, such as #amexhomedepot for instance.

you should get a reply from Amex informing you that you are now signed up for the offer. You will also be able to see it under "my offers" tab.

And once you meet the spend requirements, you will get an email.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 10
fungoman
Regular Contributor

My guess is that is the problem. I didnt realize I had to select the offer. I thought it just automatically did it. I feel like an idiot.

Message 7 of 10
fungoman
Regular Contributor

Thank you guys for "dumbing" it down for me. I think I have it figured out now.

Message 8 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@fungoman wrote:

Thank you guys for "dumbing" it down for me. I think I have it figured out now.

That's how we learn. No harm in asking. 

Message 9 of 10
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:

@fungoman wrote:

for amex website:

if you see an offer that you want, click save offer.

it should then be reflected under "my offers".

Once you use the card and meet the spend requirements, you will get an email. The offer should be moved to "my savings" after several business days once the charge is posted.

for twitter / facebook / other social network:

sync your amex card with the social network account.

tweet / post about that offer, such as #amexhomedepot for instance.

you should get a reply from Amex informing you that you are now signed up for the offer. You will also be able to see it under "my offers" tab.

And once you meet the spend requirements, you will get an email.

+1

I just used this for ExxonMobil.  Made a charge on Friday and had my statement credit by Sunday.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.