Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BUSINESS CARDS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX BUSINESS CARDS

Just wanted to get some insight from my fellow entrepreneurs regarding business credit cards.

Why are lenders such as AMEX calling them "Business" credit cards when they base their decision soley on the business owner(s) credit and not the actual business credit?

I've noticed that no matter how high your company's Paydex score is (80 or above) lenders still require a PG from small business owners!

So, why call them "Business" cards?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX BUSINESS CARDS

I honestly really wouldn't mind the PG part IF they didn't add an inq and they don't report the line to your personal CR.

Just my two cents, but a  physical person, not just an business entity has to be liable for the possible debt that can incur. Otherwise there is the possibilty of running up charges and then sticking it to the lender.

I'm sure many don't feel this way but IMO this is what has gotten us to PG'ing almost everything these days. No repercussions to an individual. It was easy just to default, close down or disolve and open a new business, it became a scam of sorts and the lenders were taking the brunt of it.

My business is my responsibility, I put just as much effort and time into keeping the books and my debt positive. I have no trouble with PG, I just don't agree that after you PG everything doesn't go to either Biz EX/EQ or D&B only.

Many others disagree but business's can't have their cake (credit) and eat it (no ones responsible) too.

Message Edited by jaxstraw on 11-30-2008 08:17 AM
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 2 of 5
Marvintran
Regular Contributor

With the Credit Crisis in this tought economy many lenders are tightening up

and many are requires PG. If you're looking for a Business card without PG you might want

to try key bank small business card.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

What if you're a real corporation not a one man show? Do they still require one of the officers/share holders/secretaries of that company to PG everything? I don't see how that makes sense. One person cannot be responsible for what the entire company does. There are too many other people make decisions. 

How do the Amex small business and corporate cards differ?

Message Edited by Fr0zen on 11-30-2008 01:42 PM
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told by a AMEX rep that the difference between the "Small Business" and the "Corporate" cards are small business cards require a PG from the owner(s) while the corporate card DO NOT.

However, in order to qualify for a "Corporate" card, your business must have existed for at least 6 months and have a minimum GROSS revenue of $4 million a year

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.