cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Back Date - best phone number to call???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Back Date - best phone number to call???

Hi all,

Got my ZYNC today and activated it. As soon as I did that, I called them about a back date to 1979 when I had my first green card. I was told no. I pushed them a bit and was again told no.

Seems that I read somewhere in this forum about a phone number to call for this but I cannot find it. I am no longer in their system but I do have my EX that shows the information and I want to fax or email.

Can anyone shed some light for me please?

Thanks - Ray

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Back Date - best phone number to call???

When you log into the website, what does it have as your member since date?
Message 2 of 10
treefrogger
New Contributor

Now, if you have an AMEX card already, and you add a second one, does that second one show the same open date as the first?

Message 3 of 10
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Yes.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrShush wrote:
When you log into the website, what does it have as your member since date?

This. If you log in and it shows 1979, then thats how it will report. If you want your Zync with that date, just call the number on the back of the card and follow the prompts for a replacement card. Easy peasy. If you log in and it shows 2011, then you will need a prior account number or statement from your 1979 account to show your member since 1979 date.

Message 5 of 10
tiger67
Regular Contributor

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks very much - that thread was quite helpful!

So, a bit of an update...

I dug through some old receipts and I found one that I had used my Optima card for dated 1996. I could still read the number... So, I called and spoke with the Replacement Card Department, gave them this number, and I told them my original Amex member date was 11/79. She put me on hold for a short time and came back saying she was putting my back date request back to 1979 and I should expect to see my new card in 7 to 9 business days!

It is looking good - looks like it will work for me. If so, that is cool as it would be my oldest line....  Smiley Happy

Fingers crossed!

Ray

Message 7 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Holy cow, that's great!

Let's hear it for all of us who never quite clean out the desk and the junk drawer! Smiley Very Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 10
tiger67
Regular Contributor

HTSU,

Amen. I just new those twenty year old credit reports would be good for something one day.Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to report back that it took some time but when I logged in this morning it showed my "Member Since" date was back-dated to 1979!!

Nice! This becomes my oldest line now, previously, 1985 was the oldest.

Ray

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.