Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Backdate: Ladies Only

tag
Safe4Me2
New Contributor

AMEX Backdate: Ladies Only

This may be a silly question...

For those who's new amex accounts were backdated to your old ones, did any of you have a different last name.

Example: Your name was Jane Doe in 1995 and now it is Jane Seinfeld

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Backdate: Ladies Only

When I opened my account in August of 2011 I applied under my married name. My card was backdated to 1989 and back then I was using my maiden name.
Message 2 of 7
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

I'm not a lady, but I assume it goes by your SSN when applying that it gets matched up with. Smiley Wink

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 3 of 7
ferrari
Regular Contributor

I think if you married Seinfeld, you wouldn't have to worry about your credit Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 7
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Yes.  Back when my husband had added me to his two Amex cards in 2005 I was under my maiden name, and recently when I applied for the Zync and just recently the Costco Amex they backdated both to 2005 and no obviously I applied with my married name Smiley Tongue, so they matched me up just fine. 

MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 5 of 7
Safe4Me2
New Contributor

Thank you for the replies. I'm looking forward to seeing "member since 1997".
Message 6 of 7
halos24
Frequent Contributor

Nice Smiley Happy!

MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.