Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Backdate Success Part 2

tag
phoenix_one
Contributor

AMEX Backdate Success Part 2

I when I was approved for my PRG, I waited until I received my card to call requesting a backdate on my Member Since Date.

They looked in the systems and they they could only found me as far back 1997, which was when I had a Corporate Green Card with the Military. I knew I had a personal Green Card around 1988 but for some reason they could not either find me or willing to do the change. As far as I remember the card was paid in full but closed by grantor.

I called several times and spoke with different representatives with no luck.

After reading several threads on the matter I decided to submit a secure message last night. (Avoided any backdate lingo, just an update on my Member Since Date)

It was brief, concise, to the point and polite. Never mentioned past attempts.

Shortly afterwards I received confirmation that my message was received and then I received another message stating that they had submitted a request to update my record and to send a replacement card.

Fine, they can submit a request but that does not mean that it will get approved.

I just received a message stating that a replacement card is on its way!Smiley Surprised

Logged in to my account and lo and behold Member Since 1988!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Sometimes, if talking to people does not work, just write a note!

Starting Score: 660 - 2010
Current Score: Experian 758, Equifax 767, TransUnion 754
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
niko79
Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdate Success Part 2

Congrats! I had 3 AMEX cards in 2003? but settled them in full. Just got my Green AMEX card yesterday but it says "Member since 2013". I will straighten up my last name issue (explained in other thread) on the card first and try your approach to try to get the member since done.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Message 2 of 5
RSCo
Established Contributor

@phoenix_one wrote:

I when I was approved for my PRG, I waited until I received my card to call requesting a backdate on my Member Since Date.

They looked in the systems and they they could only found me as far back 1997, which was when I had a Corporate Green Card with the Military. I knew I had a personal Green Card around 1988 but for some reason they could not either find me or willing to do the change. As far as I remember the card was paid in full but closed by grantor.

After reading several threads on the matter I decided to submit a secure message last night. (Avoided any backdate lingo, just an update on my Member Since Date)

Shortly afterwards I received confirmation that my message was received and then I received another message stating that they had submitted a request to update my record and to send a replacement card.

Fine, they can submit a request but that does not mean that it will get approved.

I just received a message stating that a replacement card is on its way!Smiley Surprised

Logged in to my account and lo and behold Member Since 1988!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Wow, that's awesome..

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 3 of 5
RSCo
Established Contributor

@phoenix_one wrote:

Hey there.. Can I ask how long did it take before you saw your new member date online from the time you received the message that they submitted a request to change it?  Same thing happened to me.. I was a member starting in 1998, but my cards and my online account shows 2003..  I also submitted a request for an update and I received a message a few min ago where they indicated they submitted a request to update mine too and that they were ordering me new cards for each of my 3 accounts.. Thanks for the advice, I wouldn't have done it had It not been for your advice.. Thanks..

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 4 of 5
phoenix_one
Contributor

By the time I received the message stating that the replacement card was on the way, the information was already updated on the website.

I believe this is the simplest way to resolve a backdating issue.

Starting Score: 660 - 2010
Current Score: Experian 758, Equifax 767, TransUnion 754
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.