Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Backdate

tag
asanch12
Contributor

AMEX Backdate

So I used to have a Amex card back in '00 and closed it in '03.  I was reading that  AMEX backdates, so I decided to app and was approved (Zinc).  So I wanted to call to confirm that my Member since date would be from 2000.   When I initially called the rep I spoke with said that they (amex) would use my original date. However, he couldn't give specifics because their system was down.  He told me to call 2 hrs later,  so I did and was transferred to a new member services dept.  When i asked about the backdate she said that she had never done that, and that I was mistaken and that the only way I would have the 2000 member date would be if  I had a current account with them.

so was she mistaken or am i out of luck?

thanks!

Starting Score: 665
Current Score: 688
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: AMEX Backdate

You do have a current account, the Zync, right? They should be able to backdate it.

There are people wandering around with 20-year-old Zync cards, and the program's only been around for a year or two.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 9
asanch12
Contributor

I was just approved last night. I hope she's wrong. Thanks!

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My ZYNC has a member since date of 1989.

I was an AU back in 89 and when I applied for the ZYNC this year my card was backdated to 1989.

Message 4 of 9
Safe4Me2
New Contributor

How far back will Amex go? I had an account in the late 90's. 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

My ZYNC was backdated to 1989.

Message 6 of 9
asanch12
Contributor

well, i hope she is wrong but i'll let you know when i get my card in a few days.

thanks everyone!

Message 7 of 9
DaveinSC
Contributor

AMEX dated my ZYNC card to 1987, when I first started doing business with them. They shouldn't have a problem if the accounts were in good standing.

EQ: 850 (01/2018)
TU: 830 (1/2018)
EXP: 825 (06/2018)
USAA Sig. VISA (7.25%) - AMEX Zync (NPSL)- AMEX Everyday (14.99%)- NFCU VISA Signature (10.65%) - Simmons First National Bank VISA (8.25%) - Citi Thank You Rewards Mastercard (12.65%)-USAA "Limitless" Cashback Rewards VISA Signature (14.45%)-AMEX Cash Magnet (13.25%)
Message 8 of 9
asanch12
Contributor

i called Amex on thursday and they confirmed that my member date is from 2000.  hopefully when i receive the card it too says that.

thanks!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.