cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?UPDATE

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?

@Anonymous wrote:

@DI wrote:

@ShootingStar wrote:

I apologize if I missed this info, but how did you finally come up with the info to prove your case for backdating?  Or did they just take you at your word finally?

My hospitality make great things happen. 

So, you had no previous account numbers, no previous CB numbers, and you talked them into backdating your account, with no proof whatsoever? That sounds...unlikely.

May sound unlikely, but it happened.  I didn't talked them into doing anything.  I simply asked. 

Message 11 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DI wrote:

@ShootingStar wrote:

I apologize if I missed this info, but how did you finally come up with the info to prove your case for backdating?  Or did they just take you at your word finally?

My hospitality make great things happen. 

So, you had no previous account numbers, no previous CB numbers, and you talked them into backdating your account, with no proof whatsoever? That sounds...unlikely.

May sound unlikely, but it happened.  I didn't talked them into doing anything.  I simply asked. 

So it shows your earlier backdate as member since when you log in?

Message 12 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

Not yet.  The request was just sent today.  And she said I will receive new cards. 

Message 13 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

Here's the message:

Good afternoon!

Yes, we can certainly change the member since date information on your Card account.

In fact, I have already submitted a request to the concerned team and this will be taken care off for you within 7 to 10 business days.

Please note:

- You will receive your new Card in 9 to 12 business days. Your account number will not change.
- Your new Card may have a different expiration date.
- We recommend that you notify any Merchants who automatically bill your account, to provide them with the new expiration date.
- You may continue to use your existing Card until you receive the new Card.
- Remember to call and activate your new Card when you receive it.

DI, I hope that my quick action delights you and also meets your expectation. We thank you for choosing American Express to be the Card of your choice since 1997 and hope that you will allow us to provide excellent customer service to you for many years to come.

Have an Excellent day!

Message 14 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:

Here's the message:

Good afternoon!

Yes, we can certainly change the member since date information on your Card account.

In fact, I have already submitted a request to the concerned team and this will be taken care off for you within 7 to 10 business days.

Please note:

- You will receive your new Card in 9 to 12 business days. Your account number will not change.
- We recommend that you notify any Merchants who automatically bill your account, to provide them with the new expiration date.

DI, I hope that my quick action delights you and also meets your expectation. We thank you for choosing American Express to be the Card of your choice since 1997 and hope that you will allow us to provide excellent customer service to you for many years to come.

Have an Excellent day!

Well, congrats! Thats amazing. After reading this, and the debacle in the PSECU thread, if I were you I'd go for the tri-fecta and ask Amex to give you the Cent card, fee-free, for two years.

I bet you get it Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DI wrote:

Here's the message:

Good afternoon!

Please note:

Have an Excellent day!

Well, congrats! Thats amazing. After reading this, and the debacle in the PSECU thread, if I were you I'd go for the tri-fecta and ask Amex to give you the Cent card, fee-free, for two years.

I bet you get it Smiley Wink

LOL. Thanks!  I got the AMEX card as a high school graduation gift in 1997.  So to see 1997 on my new AMEX card will be great.  It will forever remind me the year I grad from H.S.

Message 16 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

I  hope it wasn't  an AMEX  gift card I received in 1997.  Just kidding!!Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

Using my CK AAoAs as an example which is 2yrs8mths,  since AMEX is back dating back 1997, which gives me 3 additional yrs of managing credit, what will my AAoAs be? 

Message 18 of 97
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

2 weeks.

j/k, DI!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

2 weeks.

j/k, DI!  Smiley Very Happy

LOL.

Message 20 of 97
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.