cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?UPDATE

tag
kromix
New Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?

Hey DI,

How did your story go, did u get added as an AU somewhere first or did u backdate to an account u had prior?

Message 31 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

@kromix wrote:

Hey DI,

How did your story go, did u get added as an AU somewhere first or did u backdate to an account u had prior?

There were no story.  I told AMEX I remember having an AMEX card in 1997.  I said the account no longer appears on my credit reports.   I asked if my 2009 account can be backdated to 1997. To my suprise, I received the  response of a lifetime from AMEX. 

Message 32 of 97
kromix
New Contributor

So you never had an account at all from 1997? or you did just cant find it?

Also,

from the date u put in a request to the date it updated online was only 1 day ?

Lastly, do you have a contact? Im doing it legit, but it would be nice if I can call the person directly whom seems to be so nice. lol   send pm if you have a contact, im trying to backdate legit!     In Miami as well.

Message 33 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

@kromix wrote:

So you never had an account at all from 1997? or you did just cant find it?

Also,

from the date u put in a request to the date it updated online was only 1 day ?

Lastly, do you have a contact? Im doing it legit, but it would be nice if I can call the person directly whom seems to be so nice. lol   send pm if you have a contact, im trying to backdate legit!     In Miami as well.

Yes,  there was an account.  I received a card as a graduation gift with my name on it from my mom.  I was an AU.    It took less than 24 hours to get the update online.  I have no contacts to AMEX.  Call or email customer service. 

Message 34 of 97
kromix
New Contributor

they have been giving me a hard time, saying "Member Since Date is for the main member not an AU".. **bleep**...

Trying to backdate an AU card 1st to then backdate my own gold....... bastards.

Message 35 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

I sent you a PM.  You have to keep trying until you get the right person.    I wouldn't  have identified myself as being an AU.  It's their job to investigate all that if they choose.

Message 36 of 97
score_building
Senior Contributor

@DI wrote:

I sent you a PM.  You have to keep trying until you get the right person.    I wouldn't  have identified myself as being an AU.  It's their job to investigate all that if they choose.

+1  can refer to old acct w/o referencing AU unless they ask next try.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 37 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

Should I speed up the process of getting my member date updated with the CRAs?  I want to dispute with EX.   My statement with AMEX generated on the 10th.  Update with EX haven't occured yet.  They're usually  the first to update my account.  If the new member since date isn't listed when EX updates, I want to speed up the process. 

Message 38 of 97
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@DI wrote:

Should I speed up the process of getting my member date updated with the CRAs?  I want to dispute with EX.   My statement with AMEX generated on the 10th.  Update with EX haven't occured yet.  They're usually  the first to update my account.  If the new member since date isn't listed when EX updates, I want to speed up the process. 

I would be patient if I were you... you seemed to have gotten the better half of the deal with Amex. Let it work itself out.

Message 39 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

@DI wrote:

I would be patient if I were you... you seemed to have gotten the better half of the deal with Amex. Let it work itself out.

Too late! I submitted a general inquiry via EX website  to check the accuracy of my account.  

Message 40 of 97
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.