cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?UPDATE

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@DI wrote:

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

@DI wrote:

Should I speed up the process of getting my member date updated with the CRAs?  I want to dispute with EX.   My statement with AMEX generated on the 10th.  Update with EX haven't occured yet.  They're usually  the first to update my account.  If the new member since date isn't listed when EX updates, I want to speed up the process. 

I would be patient if I were you... you seemed to have gotten the better half of the deal with Amex. Let it work itself out.

Too late! I submitted a general inquiry via EX website  to check the accuracy of my account.  

How much coffee do you drink, anyway?? I can't imagine what the hurry is.

Anyway, good luck, I'm sure it will all work out.

Thanks,  hauling!  I don't drink coffee.  I'm just anxious to see what happens to my AAoAs. 

Message 51 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

@cahiatt wrote:

Awesome... Took <48 hours. Just logged into the web portal to make sure my bank information was setup for payments and noticed the "Member Since 1993". I'm glad I saw this thread. My next oldest and still open TL is only 8.5 years. This will help.

Now waiting on the updated cards.

Congrats! 

Message 52 of 97
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@DI wrote:

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

@DI wrote:

Should I speed up the process of getting my member date updated with the CRAs?  I want to dispute with EX.   My statement with AMEX generated on the 10th.  Update with EX haven't occured yet.  They're usually  the first to update my account.  If the new member since date isn't listed when EX updates, I want to speed up the process. 

I would be patient if I were you... you seemed to have gotten the better half of the deal with Amex. Let it work itself out.

Too late! I submitted a general inquiry via EX website  to check the accuracy of my account.  

How much coffee do you drink, anyway?? I can't imagine what the hurry is.

Anyway, good luck, I'm sure it will all work out.

Thanks,  hauling!  I don't drink coffee.  I'm just anxious to see what happens to my AAoAs. 

I think its the heat we've been having in Miami Smiley Tongue

Message 53 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

I think its the heat we've been having in Miami Smiley Tongue

Been extremely hot as of late and no rain today!!  It tends to keep indoors a lot longer.  When that happens my mind start to wonder what can I do next.

Message 54 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

I contacted AMEX Credit Bureau dept today.  I was told that the member since date cannot be updated on my credit reports.  Is that true? 

Edit:  She told me once they report the member since date, they cannot change it.  Will I have to apply for another card to reflect the 1997 date before the account get reported?

Message 55 of 97
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@DI wrote:

I contacted AMEX Credit Bureau dept today.  I was told that the member since date cannot be updated on my credit reports.  Is that true? 

Edit:  She told me once they report the member since date, they cannot change it.  Will I have to apply for another card to reflect the 1997 date before the account get reported?

Interesting. I know they report the account open date (basically the current Month, Day, and then your member year)... so maybe they can't go back and update the year once its been reported? Anyone else have thoughts on this? Honestly a little surprised!

Message 56 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

I have to figure something out.  Seeing 1997 on my cards and when I log in doesn't do diddly when its not reflected on my credit reports. 

Message 57 of 97
cahiatt
Contributor

I'll have to pay attention to this. I had them change the date the day after I opened the account so nothing should have reported yet. I'll see what it says when they report and update. I thought the entire point of this was that AMEX was reporting the original member date as the account opening date.

Anyone confirm?

Starting Score: 594 (Dec 10, 2010)
Score: 758 (March, 2013
Goal Score: 730 on all (by end of 2012)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 58 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

@cahiatt wrote:

I'll have to pay attention to this. I had them change the date the day after I opened the account so nothing should have reported yet. I'll see what it says when they report and update. I thought the entire point of this was that AMEX was reporting the original member date as the account opening date.

Anyone confirm?

My thinking is they do report the member since date,  but it must be done when they first report a new account.   I think she was telling me since my 2009 account has already been reported to the bureaus, they cannot change that opening date.  I think all subsequent accounts that I open will report as being opened in 1997. 

Message 59 of 97
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@DI wrote:

@cahiatt wrote:

Anyone confirm?

My thinking is they do report the member since date,  but it must be done when they first report a new account.   I think she was telling me since my 2009 account has already been reported to the bureaus, they cannot change that opening date.  I think all subsequent accounts that I open will report as being opened in 1997. 

When I first went online to activate my new card, it already showed my member since date as 1987; I didn't have to call to have them change anything. They did send me a new card with the 1987 date embossed on it (just arrived today), but the website has always displayed it as 1987. Am I correct in assuming that I'll be ok?

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 60 of 97
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.