Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?UPDATE

tag
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?UPDATE

@RobSteal wrote:

Will they backdate a Bank of America Accelerated Rewards American Express card? 

This particular BofA card is not actually an American Express card, but it uses AMEX's network. Customer service is through BofA.

Do you think it would work on this type of AMEX card?

Nope - Only cards issued by American Express (not Bank of America).

Message 81 of 97
kromix
New Contributor

Oh yea,  went from 4 Yrs AAoA to 7 Smiley Happy

To the other poster, no, only cards issued by Centurion bank can be backdated.

Message 82 of 97
score_building
Senior Contributor

@kromix wrote:

Smiley Very Happy presto chango!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 83 of 97
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@kromix wrote:

Woo, hoo!!! Nice going! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 84 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

Help me understand the AAoAs.  If I open a Charge card with AMEX and it get backdated to 1997 too, will that continue to increase my AAoAs?

Message 85 of 97
score_building
Senior Contributor

@DI wrote:

Help me understand the AAoAs.  If I open a Charge card with AMEX and it get backdated to 1997 too, will that continue to increase my AAoAs?

Yep that is the benefit, exactly how much of an increase hinges on current age and number of accts...

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 86 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

Is this correct?  My oldest card is 14 years.  Do I multiply 14 X 12 = 168/ 44 accounts to get an AAoAs of  3.8 years?

Message 87 of 97
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@DI wrote:

Is this correct?  My oldest card is 14 years.  Do I multiply 14 X 12 = 168/ 44 accounts to get an AAoAs of  3.8 years?

Not unless every account is 14 years old.

How to calculate AAoA:

You take each account (revolving, installment, mortgage, everything) that shows on a report, whether open or closed, and figure its age in months, up to now (even for closed account.) So if you had an account opened in January 2007 and closed in January 2009, its age would be 53 months (1/2007 - 6/2011.) In other words, ignore the closed date and use today's date. Obviously it's the same for open accounts : opening date until now.

Add up all these ages in months.

Divide the total by the number of accounts --that's your AAoA in months.

Divide that number by 12 to get your AAoA in years. Flash back to fourth grade and express the extra months as a remainder, rather than a percentage. So if the answer is 101 months, instead of expressing it as 8.41666667, express it as 8 years 5 months.

Remember that FICO rounds it down to even number of years, so if this was your AAoA, it would be considered 8 years AAoA.

hth

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 88 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

Thanks, Hauling!

I came up with 1,370 months for my EX report.      My calculations are 1,370 months/44 accounts= 31.136/12=   2.59 AAoAs.

That's too low!  I included duplicate accounts too.  I'll include my new AMEX account when I see it. 

I have less accounts on my EQ and TU reports. 

Message 89 of 97
DI
Super Contributor

The AAoAs for my EQ  report is 3.37.  When AMEX is added the AAoAs becomes 3.75.    If I add a 3rd AMEX account with a 1997 opening date, the AA0As becomes 4.10. 

Message 90 of 97
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.