cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?UPDATE

Super Contributor

AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?UPDATE

How long does it take for it to show on website the new member date?  I rep submited the information today to the appropriate department.

Message 1 of 97
96 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?

It took a few days for me... I think 3 or 4. But then it was there.

 

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 2 of 97
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?

Thanks, Ray.  Will they submit an update to the CRAs too? 

Message 3 of 97
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?

Yep -  mine showed up at the first statement cut.

 

1979 is looking good!  Smiley Happy

 

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 4 of 97
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?

Contacting Amex credit reporting office directly generally yields the most prompt results. 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 97
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?


score_building wrote:

Contacting Amex credit reporting office directly generally yields the most prompt results. 



I'm going to wait until July 10 statement generate to see if they update the changes then.  Right now, I just want to see the 1997 date when I log in. 

Message 6 of 97
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?

I  should have backdated my 2009 account  when I first opened it.  The reason I didn't is becuase I had no proof of having an AMEX card.  It was no longer reporting on my credit reports.   I had no statements or anything.  It was all lost 10 years ago.   As I explained to the rep, I don't know what happened to the card. 

Message 7 of 97
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?

I apologize if I missed this info, but how did you finally come up with the info to prove your case for backdating?  Or did they just take you at your word finally?

"It's myFICO and I can cry if I want to!"

Starting Score January 1, 2010: 640
Current Scores Updated Sept. 6, 2011: EQ: 765 / TU: 778 / EX PLUS: 773
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

"Working my way up!" Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 97
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?


ShootingStar wrote:

I apologize if I missed this info, but how did you finally come up with the info to prove your case for backdating?  Or did they just take you at your word finally?



My hospitality make great things happen. 

Message 9 of 97
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?


DI wrote:

ShootingStar wrote:

I apologize if I missed this info, but how did you finally come up with the info to prove your case for backdating?  Or did they just take you at your word finally?



My hospitality make great things happen. 


So, you had no previous account numbers, no previous CB numbers, and you talked them into backdating your account, with no proof whatsoever? That sounds...unlikely.

 


 

Message 10 of 97