Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Super Contributor
Posts: 5,759
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?

I just logged in and this what my account says:

 

Welcome D I, member since 1997.
I am stoked!!!  Smiley Surprised

 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,708
Registered: ‎10-16-2008
0

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?

Major congrats, DI!

 

Good job!

Super Contributor
Posts: 5,759
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?

[ Edited ]

 


Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Major congrats, DI!

 

Good job!


Thanks!  Now, I have two reasons to make the drive to check my PO Box at the end of the month.  New card from AMEX and gift card from Kroger.  

Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 4,875
Registered: ‎11-02-2010
0

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?


DI wrote:

I just logged in and this what my account says:

 

Welcome D I, member since 1997.
I am stoked!!!  Smiley Surprised

 


Congrats!!!!!! Feels great, doesn't it? Smiley Very Happy


Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Super Contributor
Posts: 5,759
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?

 


tinuviel wrote:

DI wrote:

I just logged in and this what my account says:

 

Welcome D I, member since 1997.
I am stoked!!!  Smiley Surprised

 


Congrats!!!!!! Feels great, doesn't it? Smiley Very Happy


Thanks!  Yes, it feels great.  I cannot wait to see what it does to my AAoAs. 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,708
Registered: ‎10-16-2008
0

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?

[ Edited ]

DI wrote:

Using my CK AAoAs as an example which is 2yrs8mths,  since AMEX is back dating back 1997, which gives me 3 additional yrs of managing credit, what will my AAoAs be? 



Take the total number of months gained with that backdating, and divide that by the number of reported accounts.  That will give you the number of months added to your AAoAs.

 

For example, if that backdating adds 14 years to your history, that's 168 months.  If you currently have nine cards, divide that 168 by nine.  You'll add 18 months worth of age to your average age of accounts, which translates to 1.5 years.

 

 

 

 

Super Contributor
Posts: 5,759
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?

 


Uborrow-Upay wrote:

DI wrote:

Using my CK AAoAs as an example which is 2yrs8mths,  since AMEX is back dating back 1997, which gives me 3 additional yrs of managing credit, what will my AAoAs be? 



Take the total number of months gained with that backdating, and divide that by the number of reported accounts.  That will give you the number of months added to your AAoAs.

 

For example, if that backdating adds 14 years to your history, that's 168 months.  If you currently have nine cards, divide that 168 by nine.  You'll add 18 months worth of age to your average age of accounts, which translates to 1.5 years.

 

 

 

 


Are you saying to only factor in credit card accounts or all of my accounts?  I have a total of 44 accounts being reported on EX. 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,708
Registered: ‎10-16-2008
0

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?

Holy moley!

 

Uh...can't help you there, DI.  Maybe just be patient and pull your report for the answer.

 

 

 

Want to guess my weight? 

 

 

Smiley Happy

Super Contributor
Posts: 5,759
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?

 


Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Holy moley!

 

Uh...can't help you there, DI.  Maybe just be patient and pull your report for the answer.

 

 

 

Want to guess my weight? 

 

 

Smiley Happy


Thanks!  Some of my accounts are duplicates.  I have several accounts like BOA  reporting  the card lost or stolen and they create a new tradeline eachtime. 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,708
Registered: ‎10-16-2008
0

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?


DI wrote:  Thanks!  Some of my accounts are duplicates.  I have several accounts like BOA  reporting  the card lost or stolen and they create a new tradeline eachtime. 

Too much math for me today.  It is what it is anyways. 

 

You got a nice bump up in your AAoA.  Whatever that may be, just smile about it!  You did good.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.