cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?UPDATE

Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?


DI wrote:

Should I speed up the process of getting my member date updated with the CRAs?  I want to dispute with EX.   My statement with AMEX generated on the 10th.  Update with EX haven't occured yet.  They're usually  the first to update my account.  If the new member since date isn't listed when EX updates, I want to speed up the process. 


AMEX can take up to two full payment cycles to report.  I got the Costco AMEX in February and it didn't report until after my second statement cut in April.

EQ Fico 8 - 846
TU Fico 8 - 848
EX Fico 8 - 836
Message 41 of 97
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?

 


android01 wrote:

DI wrote:

Should I speed up the process of getting my member date updated with the CRAs?  I want to dispute with EX.   My statement with AMEX generated on the 10th.  Update with EX haven't occured yet.  They're usually  the first to update my account.  If the new member since date isn't listed when EX updates, I want to speed up the process. 


AMEX can take up to two full payment cycles to report.  I got the Costco AMEX in February and it didn't report until after my second statement cut in April.


That's typical  for new accounts. 

Message 42 of 97
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?

Everytime I log into my AMEX account and see member since 1997,  I smile.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 43 of 97
New Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?

haha same here!

Message 44 of 97
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?

Yea me too... I got backdated to 1979! Ops - showing my age here!  Smiley Happy

 

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 45 of 97
Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?

Just tried it. App'd and approved for a Zync account yesterday. Emailed them through the user portal to request backdating to an account I had back in 1993 and included the account number. Got a response five minutes ago that the request is being processed and should receive my new card in 5 to 10 days.

 

Hope that meant yes.... Sweet. Instant 18 years history.




Starting Score: 594 (Dec 10, 2010)
Score: 758 (March, 2013
Goal Score: 730 on all (by end of 2012)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 46 of 97
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?


DI wrote:

Everytime I log into my AMEX account and see member since 1997,  I smile.  Smiley Very Happy


Same here, as well! Smiley Very Happy


Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 47 of 97
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?

 


cahiatt wrote:

Just tried it. App'd and approved for a Zync account yesterday. Emailed them through the user portal to request backdating to an account I had back in 1993 and included the account number. Got a response five minutes ago that the request is being processed and should receive my new card in 5 to 10 days.

 

Hope that meant yes.... Sweet. Instant 18 years history.


Congrats!  The email portal rocks.  I like the CSRs who answer emails way better than those who take calls. 

Message 48 of 97
Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?

Awesome... Took <48 hours. Just logged into the web portal to make sure my bank information was setup for payments and noticed the "Member Since 1993". I'm glad I saw this thread. My next oldest and still open TL is only 8.5 years. This will help.

 

Now waiting on the updated cards.




Starting Score: 594 (Dec 10, 2010)
Score: 758 (March, 2013
Goal Score: 730 on all (by end of 2012)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 49 of 97
Moderator Emerita

Re: AMEX Backdating...How long does it take?

 


DI wrote:

 


UFGuy2006 wrote:

DI wrote:

Should I speed up the process of getting my member date updated with the CRAs?  I want to dispute with EX.   My statement with AMEX generated on the 10th.  Update with EX haven't occured yet.  They're usually  the first to update my account.  If the new member since date isn't listed when EX updates, I want to speed up the process. 


I would be patient if I were you... you seemed to have gotten the better half of the deal with Amex. Let it work itself out.


Too late! I submitted a general inquiry via EX website  to check the accuracy of my account.  


How much coffee do you drink, anyway?? I can't imagine what the hurry is.

 

Anyway, good luck, I'm sure it will all work out.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 50 of 97