Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Backdating Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Backdating Question

Back in the 80's I was an AU on my Dad's card. I applied for my own in 1994. The Member Since date on my card was before I was born....

Too bad I lost AMEX, will try after a few score bumps and EX cleanup to see what happens.

Message 11 of 16
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Back in the 80's I was an AU on my Dad's card. I applied for my own in 1994. The Member Since date on my card was before I was born....

Too bad I lost AMEX, will try after a few score bumps and EX cleanup to see what happens.

Have you visited the Amex pre-approval page? I visited it every week for a few months until I got the PRG 50K points offer and same my DW. Once it shows apply for it.

They may auto-backdate you, if not, with a simple chat I bet you can get backdated at least to 94 if not the 80's. That will make your scores go up.

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@newhis wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you visited the Amex pre-approval page? I visited it every week for a few months until I got the PRG 50K points offer and same my DW. Once it shows apply for it.

They may auto-backdate you, if not, with a simple chat I bet you can get backdated at least to 94 if not the 80's. That will make your scores go up.

Visited pre-approval, no offers. However, I was delighted to see an EX SP, which means I may, just may be off their blacklist after 10 yrs. Have some work to do on my EX report. Willwait for a baddie to drop off and a few months of history with Cap 1.  I don't feel confident with anything less than 700 for AMEX. Would really love to have Platinum back though.

Message 13 of 16
Ups77
Regular Contributor

I was black listed and didn't have any offers off there site. I applield on March 6 received my card yesterday backdated to 1996  on bcp card. Also a nice limit. So I would give it a try. 

Message 14 of 16
Ups77
Regular Contributor

My scores were all over 725 but they pulled ex.

Message 15 of 16
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Visited pre-approval, no offers. However, I was delighted to see an EX SP, which means I may, just may be off their blacklist after 10 yrs. Have some work to do on my EX report. Willwait for a baddie to drop off and a few months of history with Cap 1.  I don't feel confident with anything less than 700 for AMEX. Would really love to have Platinum back though.

Excelent, I think you will have an offer in 5 weeks or so, that happen to my DW, nothing for months, then an offer, she saw a SP from Amex from late January.

You apply when you feel confident and for the card you want.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.