Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Backdating in Jeopardy?

tag
JLK93
Established Contributor

AMEX Backdating in Jeopardy?

Would everyone who has a backdated AMEX card please check to see if your card is still reporting the MSD as the open date, on TU, after February updates. Or, is it now reporting the actual open date.

Please report your results.

This seems to be a TU issue. It may be confined to BCP and BCE.

Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdating in Jeopardy?

I don't see an issue.

My BCE and PRG have reported in Feb. Both report the MSD as the open date on TU and EQ per CK.  My ED also reports the MSD for the open date but hasn't reported this month.   WalletHub confirms the open dates for TU.  I haven't pulled an official TU CR.

Message 2 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine report on CRs as MSD.

Message 3 of 58
coachmiff
Regular Contributor

big supruse for me--tu score down 82 points on credit seaseme--research showed that amex changed opening date from march 79 to march 2014 on bce--pissed cant wait to call their bureau division monday at 9am eastern--phone# if you need it is 800-874-2717--funny my home page still says member since 1979

Navy Siggy Cash Rewards 25K , Navy plat visa 25k,navy go 25k, Navy Check 15K, , USAA Am Exp 18K, USAA MC Rate Advantage 18K, Discover IT 18.5K, PayPal Extras MC 7.5K, Chase Military Star MC 2.5K, Military Star 8.05k, Wallmart discover 7.5k, Amex bce 25k,Boa cash rewards25k, southwest chase 4k, nasa cr 30k,nasa rew 5k,barc rewards 25k=279k+ scores 750 across the board
Message 4 of 58
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Nothing appears wrong with mine.. You all using CS and FAKO sites or pulling your actual credit report from each CRA and looking at the actual CR date?  I wouldnt trust CS/CK and the likes

Message 5 of 58
JLK93
Established Contributor

@coachmiff wrote:

big supruse for me--tu score down 82 points on credit seaseme--research showed that amex changed opening date from march 79 to march 2014 on bce--pissed cant wait to call their bureau division monday at 9am eastern--phone# if you need it is 800-874-2717--funny my home page still says member since 1979

What date did your BCE update for February?

Message 6 of 58
noobody
Established Contributor

There is nothing to call, if the backdate is gone, Amex still report accurate data.
I stand lose 40 years history between two of my Amex accounts
All fako site report normal so far.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 7 of 58
JLK93
Established Contributor

@noobody wrote:
There is nothing to call, if the backdate is gone, Amex still report accurate data.
I stand lose 40 years history between two of my Amex accounts
All fako site report normal so far.

What date did your BCE or BCP update to the CRA's for February?

Message 8 of 58
JLK93
Established Contributor

@CreditDunce wrote:

I don't see an issue.

My BCE and PRG have reported in Feb. Both report the MSD as the open date on TU and EQ per CK.  My ED also reports the MSD for the open date but hasn't reported this month.   WalletHub confirms the open dates for TU.  I haven't pulled an official TU CR.

What date did your BCE report to the CRA's for February?

Message 9 of 58
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

AmEx reported my 3 cards to all CBs on the 3rd, 4th, and 14th, this month.  All show 2002 years.  Actual opening dates are Platinum (as Green Rewards) 12/2002, PRG (as Gold Rewards) 10/2003, Blue from American Express 04/2004, but all 3 show the month actually opened and 2002 for the year.

Message 10 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.