Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Backdating in Jeopardy?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Backdating in Jeopardy?

@JLK93 wrote:

The BCE and BCP cards that lost backdating seem to have had statements close on Feb 19th and 20th.

My BCP statement closed on Feb 21st. It still has not updated to TU.

Has anyone had a BC* statement close on Feb 21st or later and update to TU? 

Okay; you've had me worried enough that I just checked my real (meaning, directly from TU) TU report. My Blue (plain old Blue) and Zync are properly reported as opened 9/1999 and 1/1999, respectfully. My Blue statement cycle date was 21 February. 

You should order your real TU and initiate a dispute if yours are not reporting correctly. 

Message 51 of 58
JLK93
Established Contributor

There are now 3 reports that the glitch seems to have been fixed.

Message 52 of 58
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Ding-dong, the glitch is dead! Which old glitch? The wicked glitch!
Ding-dong, the wicked glitch is dead
Wake up, you sleepy head, rub your eyes, get out of bed
Wake up, the wicked glitch is dead!
She's gone where the goblins go below, below, below, yo ho
Let's open up and sing, and ring the bells out
Ding-dong! the merry-o sing it high, sing it low
Let them know the wicked glitch is dead

Message 53 of 58
kidink1911
Established Contributor

I recently app'd for a AMEX Reward Card and was approved.

I had an AMEX when I was a freshman in college (1992). My original date when I was approved said "Member Since '17".

I checked back yesterday and it now says "Member Since '92" (which is what I needed it to say/report as so I could get that 25 years onto my AAOA.

I would call and get it back to my original membership date. Good luck!!

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 54 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kidink1911 wrote:

I recently app'd for a AMEX Reward Card and was approved.

I had an AMEX when I was a freshman in college (1992). My original date when I was approved said "Member Since '17".

I checked back yesterday and it now says "Member Since '92" (which is what I needed it to say/report as so I could get that 25 years onto my AAOA.

I would call and get it back to my original membership date. Good luck!!

@kidink1911, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you won't get 25 years of AAoA added to your reports.  While it may say 'Member Since 1992' on your card and account information, these are purely cosmetic.  Amex stopped reporting new card backdating to the CRAs 2 years ago.  Anyone that opened a card before March 21, 2015 received the backdating if they had an earlier account with Amex, but after that date Amex started reporting new cards on your credit reports as opened on the actual date that they were opened.  Therefore, in your case, while the card may say 1992 it will be reported to the credit agencies as being opened in 2017.  Wish it were otherwise but....

Message 55 of 58
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@JLK93 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@manyquestions wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@JLK93 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@slap_happy wrote:
I have three American Express, platinum, gold and blue cash, they all used to report an opening date of 1997 but I checked my fako today and only gold has changed from 1997 to the actual opening date of 2004 only on TU

Just noticed that one of my closed backdated Amex cards didn't  report on Equifax.

Are you saying that it never reported to Equifax?

Backdated Amex cards don't continue to report after they are closed.

It did report until this month.

You're saying it fell off your report much earier than scheduled?

I don't know what was scheduled. I just know that it's been reporting and this month it didn't report on EQ. It wasn't closed by me, it was a JetBlue Amex card which was transferred to Barclays.

Is it still on your report or is it gone?

Was it updating every month?

I'll have to wait and see what happens on my next report.

Yes it was updating every month.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 56 of 58
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

My card has magically returned to its MSD on credit report, it seems to have corrected itself, just gained 10+ years back again 👍

Message 57 of 58
manyquestions
Established Contributor

@slap_happy wrote:
My card has magically returned to its MSD on credit report, it seems to have corrected itself, just gained 10+ years back again 👍

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 58 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.