Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Backdating in Jeopardy?

tag
JLK93
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdating in Jeopardy?

So far, this issue seems to be confined to BCE an BCP cards updated in the last 7 days. It also seems to be confined to TU.

Message 11 of 58
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@JLK93 wrote:

So far, this issue seems to be confined to BCE an BCP cards updated in the last 7 days. It also seems to be confined to TU.

What sites are you getting this information from?  You can say them, just don't link them please.. Most likely it is as stated FAKO sites that might not show your accounts backdated.  Have you actually pulled your CR from TU and not a CK/CS type of site to see the opening date?   Please let us know why you think it is limited to the BCE/BCP cards -- Source please?

Message 12 of 58
JLK93
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@JLK93 wrote:

What sites are you getting this information from?  You can say them, just don't link them please.. Most likely it is as stated FAKO sites that might not show your accounts backdated.  Have you actually pulled your CR from TU and not a CK/CS type of site to see the opening date?   Please let us know why you think it is limited to the BCE/BCP cards -- Source please?

There have been 4 or 5 reports or Amex BCE and BCP cards losing backdating on TU. All of the cards seem to have updated within the last 7 days.

There are reports in this thread. There is a report in the "Understanding Fico Scoring Forum" and there are reports elsewhere on the net.

A couple of posters have verified the issue on CCT. So far, no one has checked the TU backdoor.

My BCP won't update for a few more days.

Message 13 of 58
manyquestions
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@JLK93 wrote:

There is another thread earlier where the OP also checked actual TU FICO 08 with CCT.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/HAMMERED-by-transunion-on-AMEX-AAoA-BACKD...

BCE.BCP is simply because there have only been about five reports so far and those were the only two cards mentioned in those examples.  There is another thread on the other credit forum with a little data.

Message 14 of 58
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

For what it is worth I JUST looked at my TU report from Transunion  and all my Amex cards active and/or cancelled that are backdated are still backdated with the original MSD date aka backdated.  Whether there is more to this I have no clue.  I have 4 Amex Cards two active and two cancelled that all were back-dated(as opened this after back dating ended).  my BCE wasn't back dated, but I highly doubt it is only bce/bcp that would change if AMEX was to change how they reported.  

Message 15 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Won't affect me much since I'm easily 30/24 at this point but I have at least 5 TL (2 cxl'd) w AX backdated to 2008 ATM.
Message 16 of 58
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Won't affect me much since I'm easily 30/24 at this point but I have at least 5 TL (2 cxl'd) w AX backdated to 2008 ATM.

35/24 here lol.. Not proud of it, but meh it is what it isSmiley Happy...  Easily well worth it on free $ or travel

Message 17 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm darn proud of it and the ridiculous vacations I haven't had to pay straight money for.
Message 18 of 58
JLK93
Established Contributor

@coachmiff wrote:

big supruse for me--tu score down 82 points on credit seaseme--research showed that amex changed opening date from march 79 to march 2014 on bce--pissed cant wait to call their bureau division monday at 9am eastern--phone# if you need it is 800-874-2717--funny my home page still says member since 1979

Please report your results.

Message 19 of 58
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@JLK93 wrote:

Would everyone who has a backdated AMEX card please check to see if your card is still reporting the MSD as the open date, on TU, after February updates. Or, is it now reporting the actual open date.

Please report your results.

This seems to be a TU issue. It may be confined to BCP and BCE.

Just pulled my report on TU.   I have a BCE, updated to TU on 2/3, opening date reports as 3/4/1998

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 20 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.