Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Backdating in Jeopardy?

tag
newhis
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdating in Jeopardy?

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Just pulled my report on TU.   I have a BCE, updated to TU on 2/3, opening date reports as 3/4/1998

Can you report back after 3/3? I think all people reported the change after 2/20. Thank you.

Message 21 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@newhis wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Just pulled my report on TU.   I have a BCE, updated to TU on 2/3, opening date reports as 3/4/1998

Can you report back after 3/3? I think all people reported the change after 2/20. Thank you.

When you say 'all people', to whom are you referring?  I haven't seen any change in my reports.  Are you seeing this being reported elsewhere?

Message 22 of 58
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When you say 'all people', to whom are you referring?  I haven't seen any change in my reports.  Are you seeing this being reported elsewhere?

Sorry, maybe I should say 'the few people' that reported a change on their reports.

There is a thread in 'understanding FICO scoring', and in this thread there is a mention of other forum.

The people that have reported a change they say they have BCE/BCP and the change on the reports is for a few days ago.

Message 23 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@newhis wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry, maybe I should say 'the few people' that reported a change on their reports.

There is a thread in 'understanding FICO scoring', and in this thread there is a mention of other forum.

The people that have reported a change they say they have BCE/BCP and the change on the reports is for a few days ago.

Thanks for the response.  Something to keep an eye out for.  I would lose 84 years of age and even with as many accounts as I have, that will make a dent in my AAoA

Message 24 of 58
coachmiff
Regular Contributor

my bce updated with transunion on2/17--my msd is 1979--it reported as march 2014--checked 4 different sites its all reporting the same --loss 82 points on credit score pissed as hell

Navy Siggy Cash Rewards 25K , Navy plat visa 25k,navy go 25k, Navy Check 15K, , USAA Am Exp 18K, USAA MC Rate Advantage 18K, Discover IT 18.5K, PayPal Extras MC 7.5K, Chase Military Star MC 2.5K, Military Star 8.05k, Wallmart discover 7.5k, Amex bce 25k,Boa cash rewards25k, southwest chase 4k, nasa cr 30k,nasa rew 5k,barc rewards 25k=279k+ scores 750 across the board
Message 25 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JLK93 wrote:

Would everyone who has a backdated AMEX card please check to see if your card is still reporting the MSD as the open date, on TU, after February updates. Or, is it now reporting the actual open date.

Please report your results.

This seems to be a TU issue. It may be confined to BCP and BCE.

Thanks for the heads up! My BCE updates in March. I'll make sure to check.

Message 26 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this only happening with the BCE or BCP cards?

Message 27 of 58
coachmiff
Regular Contributor

just got off the phone with amex credit bureau division--they said its a trans union issue and you should dispute it--i just did a dispute thru credit karma, usaa credit monitoring, and the consumer protection agency

Navy Siggy Cash Rewards 25K , Navy plat visa 25k,navy go 25k, Navy Check 15K, , USAA Am Exp 18K, USAA MC Rate Advantage 18K, Discover IT 18.5K, PayPal Extras MC 7.5K, Chase Military Star MC 2.5K, Military Star 8.05k, Wallmart discover 7.5k, Amex bce 25k,Boa cash rewards25k, southwest chase 4k, nasa cr 30k,nasa rew 5k,barc rewards 25k=279k+ scores 750 across the board
Message 28 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@coachmiff wrote:

just got off the phone with amex credit bureau division--they said its a trans union issue and you should dispute it--i just did a dispute thru credit karma, usaa credit monitoring, and the consumer protection agency

Crazy! Thanks for the info! 

Message 29 of 58
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

I have three American Express, platinum, gold and blue cash, they all used to report an opening date of 1997 but I checked my fako today and only gold has changed from 1997 to the actual opening date of 2004 only on TU

Message 30 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.