Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Backdating

tag
DoItDiva
Valued Member

AMEX Backdating

I applied and was approved for the AMEX ZYNC card back in June, 2012.   I was hoping to see my member since date change to reflect my original membership back in 1984, but it never did.  After some research here, I decided to contact AMEX and see if they would research the info since I did not have any information about the account since it was so long ago.  Yesterday, I sent a text message via the website and asked if they would research and gave them some personal information from that time (Address, DOB, Job, etc.)  When I logged in today, my member since date had been changed to 1984, I couldn't believe it.  They also send a message to email address telling me that a new card was issued and that i would receive it in 9 - 12 business days and that my account number would not change.  This is going to be great for AAoA.  Thanks to everyone on these forums for the great information!  

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: AMEX Backdating

Wow, nice. Way to get that taken care of!

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 2 of 8
DoItDiva
Valued Member

Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
Dustink
Valued Contributor

You have been a member for almost ten years longer than I have been alive...So jealous of your AAoA Smiley Happy

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 4 of 8
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

congrats on the brand new 28yr old card!

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 5 of 8
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@DoItDiva wrote:

I applied and was approved for the AMEX ZYNC card back in June, 2012.   I was hoping to see my member since date change to reflect my original membership back in 1984, but it never did.  After some research here, I decided to contact AMEX and see if they would research the info since I did not have any information about the account since it was so long ago.  Yesterday, I sent a text message via the website and asked if they would research and gave them some personal information from that time (Address, DOB, Job, etc.)  When I logged in today, my member since date had been changed to 1984, I couldn't believe it.  They also send a message to email address telling me that a new card was issued and that i would receive it in 9 - 12 business days and that my account number would not change.  This is going to be great for AAoA.  Thanks to everyone on these forums for the great information!  

Remember to check to verify that it reflects that on your CR's, they don't always report the member since date as the open date.  Lately, they're more than happy to give you a card with it showing, as well as on the website, but not always reporting anything different.   It usually takes the next statement rolling before it reports the change however.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 6 of 8
DoItDiva
Valued Member

Thanks RyVision,  I will look out for that.  And thanks to everyone who commented.  There is always such great support on this forum Smiley Happy 

Message 7 of 8
Elcid89
Contributor

+1

I had the same problem some time ago. When I upgraded from Gold to Platinum, my account age was inexplicably reset. I've been a customer of AMEX since 1978, so I was understandably a tad upset. They fixed it with a simple phone call.

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.