Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Backdating

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Backdating

I just got my new AMEX green card last week.  It says member since '12.  When I log into the customer portal on AMEX's web site though, it says member since '06.  Should I call them about this?  My oldest account is 8.8 and AAoA (according to EX) is 4.4.  Just wondering how much this matters / if they'll report it as '06 or '12.

Thanks ..

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Backdating

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got my new AMEX green card last week.  It says member since '12.  When I log into the customer portal on AMEX's web site though, it says member since '06.  Should I call them about this?  My oldest account is 8.8 and AAoA (according to EX) is 4.4.  Just wondering how much this matters / if they'll report it as '06 or '12.

Thanks ..

The year listed on the website is more important.  But if you want others to see you've been a member with AMEX sin '06, by all means request a new card reflecting the '06 year. 

Message 2 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks ..

DonGonzalo is correct, as long as your Member Since date says 06 online then you will be backdated to 2006.    You can always call them and request that they send you a new Green card with the correct member since date. 
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 11
shtws
New Contributor

I just got my new Amex card showing member since 12 but when I logged in online, it shows member since 2001.  I never paid for my charge-off so I'm not going to call them to mention it.  I'll wait to see what it shows up on my CR, maybe it will backdate to 2001. 

Message 4 of 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@shtws wrote:

I just got my new Amex card showing member since 12 but when I logged in online, it shows member since 2001.  I never paid for my charge-off so I'm not going to call them to mention it.  I'll wait to see what it shows up on my CR, maybe it will backdate to 2001. 

Yes, you will be backdated to 2001 if that is what shows as your member since date.   Interesting that they let you back in with an old unpaid CO ~ YMMV on this, sometimes AMEX blacklists people until they pay....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@shtws wrote:

You're lucky!! Get you a lottery ticket!

Message 6 of 11
shtws
New Contributor

Yes I know.  I decided to take a chance since it doesn't require a HP if I'm blacklisted.  Weird that they gave it to me but I'm not going to question it or complain.  I will definitely make sure I don't do anything to mess this one up again.  Thanks to this board for everything!

Message 7 of 11
shtws
New Contributor

I know....I sure will !!!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still new to understanding how credit scoring really works.  Will an '06 backdate help my credit at all?  How much does AAoA matter?  Just curious ..

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Every little piece adds up to a better score.  The most important is ontime payments, next util... AAoA is the 3rd strongest factor and probably the hardest one to build up.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.