New Contributor
jeffrey_MBP

AMEX Blacklist Experiences

I'm not losing sleep over it, but what are everyone's experiences/timeframes for remaining the amen blacklist post bankruptcy?   I'm at 12 years thus far.  It's too bad that AMEX is losing out of all of my business, but many other banks are definitely benefiting from it.  I just want AMEX lounge access at two airports that don't offer it from my other cards.

Thanks again.

Established Contributor
longtime_lurker

Re: AMEX Blacklist Experiences

jeffrey_MBP wrote:

I'm not losing sleep over it, but what are everyone's experiences/timeframes for remaining the amen blacklist post bankruptcy?   I'm at 12 years thus far.  It's too bad that AMEX is losing out of all of my business, but many other banks are definitely benefiting from it.  I just want AMEX lounge access at two airports that don't offer it from my other cards.

Thanks again.

Amex lost a lot of money to have you blacklisted...

But honestly, re: your question, I know there is a thread lurking around that had a lot of replies to it on this topic. Though I believe that topic also talked about the Optima card (?), a sort-of "rebuilding" card for those who had burned AMEX in the past, but I do not believe that program is still running.

Senior Contributor
Open123

Really hard to say, since there aren't any reliable or consistent data points.  Some seem to be off after 5, 7, or 10 years.  And, there are some who are still on the list after 15, 20 and 30 years.

Have no idea how they decide, but I'd imagine the amount of the loss in question or inclusion in a BK would factor into it.

Established Contributor
keithB

jeffrey_MBP wrote:

Thanks again.

You can always pay for loung access. Either for a daily pass or a yearly membership.

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

jeffrey_MBP wrote:

Thanks again.

wow 12 years and when you apply it says "declined because of past account management" and doesn't pull credit?

Fico Scores: EQ- 653 Cap1., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
65 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Valued Contributor
gdale6

31 years post BK and counting...

EX Cred Ses 08/14: 767 ; EX Fico 04 V2 06/14: 775; EX Fico 08 07/14 778 ; EX Fico 08 BC 07/14: 800
EQ Fico 05/14 781 ; EQ MPM 07/14: 721
TU Fico 8 07/14: 719; TU MPM 06/14 706
Regular Contributor
Simba501

[ Edited ]

keithB wrote:

jeffrey_MBP wrote:

Thanks again.

You can always pay for loung access. Either for a daily pass or a yearly membership.

+1

gdale6 wrote:

31 years post BK and counting...

I've read about people being approved with an Amex charge-off still reporting.  Maybe BK is a higher offense to them.

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

My applications with American Express stopped being declined for past account holder history after about eight years post BK
Fico Scores: EQ- 653 Cap1., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
65 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Regular Contributor
rudy0720

I got back in with Amex 9 years post Chapter 7 BK

Citi Thank You Premier Visa Signature-$9K, Citi Thank You Preferred Vis Signature-$8.3K, Citi AA Signature- 8.5K, Citi Simplicity 9.2K, Citi Diamond-6.1K, Lowes-$10K, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $ 5K, AMEX BCE $14.5K, AMEX Starwood Preferred $15K, ,AMEX Everyday-$5K, Fidelity Amex-$10K, US Bank 123 rewards Kroger-$17K, Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature-$30K, Amex Delta-$10K, Barclay Arrival Plus- $10K, Penfed Travel Rewards Amex-$10K, Bank of America Cash Rewards- $14K
Contributor
davidsawsparks

I just got approved for one of their cards again after 15 years. Mine was a CO though and not a bk... but they didn't have any recollection of me since they think I'm a new member. Similar to CreditAddict's situation... I may have simply been one of the lucky ones to slip through the cracks. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}