Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blue Approval After 10-14 Day Message

tag
breakthecycle
Regular Contributor

AMEX Blue Approval After 10-14 Day Message

I applied for the Amex Blue card and received the dreaded "10-14 day response". I called Amex and asked what was going on? They told me it was approved and the application was sent to the executive credit department to see if I would get a better APR. I didn't ask anymore questions. I then checked the website and it shows it's approved. I don't know limit or any other terms. I just got in with AMEX a year ago and thought I would give it a shot. I guess I will know more, once I get the card.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

Re: AMEX Blue Approval After 10-14 Day Message

@breakthecycle wrote:

I applied for the Amex Blue card and received the dreaded "10-14 day response". I called Amex and asked what was going on? They told me it was approved and the application was sent to the executive credit department to see if I would get a better APR. I didn't ask anymore questions. I then checked the website and it shows it's approved. I don't know limit or any other terms. I just got in with AMEX a year ago and thought I would give it a shot. I guess I will know more, once I get the card.

Congrats! is this Blue or Blue Cash?

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 3 of 9
breakthecycle
Regular Contributor

It was just regular Blue. It was a spontaneous app. I already have a big enough AF with my other Amex didn't want another AF. 

Message 4 of 9
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

What was were your scores?  I also got AMEX Gold Charge last Oct and was wanting to wait till Oct 12 to apply for Blue.

Current: EQ Fico (700), EX Fico AMX (681) TU Fico Walmart (711) MyFico TU (708) Vantage: TU 803, EX 777, EQ 789
Goal: 700+ across the board.
Message 5 of 9
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@breakthecycle wrote:

It was just regular Blue. It was a spontaneous app. I already have a big enough AF with my other Amex didn't want another AF. 

Blue Cash Everyday doesn't have an AF, just the preferred version.

Message 6 of 9
breakthecycle
Regular Contributor

Thanks guys,

I don't know my EXP score my last TU score was 718. Since that I have paid down my CC balances and are now 9% utilization. I know the reports don't update CC paydowns that quickly though. I have 2 other AMEX charge cards so that could have helped me. I just became a AMEX member last Jan. I'm just wondering what the limit will be. Status just shows "approved".

Message 7 of 9
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

-----> What was were your scores? I also got AMEX Gold Charge last Oct and was wanting to wait till Oct 12 to apply for Blue.

If you wait until jan13 to app for your Blue it will have an additional 10 months of age when it shows on your CR...
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@breakthecycle wrote:

Thanks guys,

I don't know my EXP score my last TU score was 718. Since that I have paid down my CC balances and are now 9% utilization. I know the reports don't update CC paydowns that quickly though. I have 2 other AMEX charge cards so that could have helped me. I just became a AMEX member last Jan. I'm just wondering what the limit will be. Status just shows "approved".

Congrats and if you call the application status number you can ask the rep the limit and your score

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.