Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blue Cash CLI

tag
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

AMEX Blue Cash CLI

Ok today must be the day of giving.  I went to check my AMEX Blue Cash and I received a CLI of $1000 on this account.  For those of you who aren't familiar with the history of this account.  AMEX CLD me about a year because of 1) increase spending (out of my past 7 year behavior) -- I was in college then so of course I didn't spend a lot, and 2) inquiries ( I bought a house).  They chopped my limit down to $500 in two successions.  I then SD the card and only charged my netflix for the past 10 months.  Today, they reward my measly charge of $15 for 10 months with a $1000 CLI.  I just don't get them. 
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX Blue Cash CLI

At least they didn't dump ya without saying so!  Congrats on the increase!
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 7
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

Thanks BungalowMo!
Message 3 of 7
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Sure.  How long have you had the card, and who did they pull?  Score?  Just wondering.
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 7
DI
Super Contributor

I received a $600 CLI on my Blue Cash card after 2 months of opening it. 
Message 5 of 7
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Ya, their way of thinking seems to be.  "We're happy to give you a sizeable credit line, as long as you don't use it."  I'm convinced AMEX cards are all for show to the majority of the working class in this economy.  I charge my creditsecure monthly fee to my blue cash and have it setup to autopay.  But since I'm dropping creditsecure, my amex card will be officially sockdrawered next month.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

I have had the card for 8.5 years.  They normally soft EXP.  I'm not sure what my EXP score since we can't access that FICO anymore.  However, I estimate it to be somewhere around 760-793.  My EQ FICO is 793 and my TU FICO is 760.    My EXP report has the same information as the EQ but the score was closer to TU.  Sorry I can't be more helpful.  The CLI was unsolicited on my end. 
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.