Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blue Cash Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Blue Cash Card

Hey Everyone! New Member Here.

Will I get approved if i applied for an AMEX almost 2 years ago and was denied?  

Thank You. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: AMEX Blue Cash Card

yes you are going to want low util to apply for amex credit cards.  But if your scores are above 650-675 you would probably have a good chance for the Amex Zync which is a pay in full charge card.  That is usually the best way into amex' heart is use a charge card for about 6 months with them

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

what if my score is pretty high will that work?

Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

have you pulled a fico score lately?

Amex uses there own scoring system off of EX so we wouldn't really know, but it would give an idea.

and the fact that you only have 1 credit card with less than 3k and it's over 60% maxed I think would effect approval with amex and I would suspect if you got approved they wouldn't go much higher than your current highest.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't pulled it yet. 60% was only once last month and would my amex inquiry from almost 2 years ago hamper anything?

Message 5 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

I haven't pulled it yet. 60% was only once last month and would my amex inquiry from almost 2 years ago hamper anything?

Shouldn't be a problem.

Were you declined? Do you remember why? (Insufficient history, would be my guess.)

Unless you were declined for something fatal like including them in BK once, the earlier app should have no influence. They will see it until it falls of your EX report after 2 years.

They might quibble about you only having one open card, but as you've had it for 3 years, that will help. Your chances would be better with a charge card like a Zync, Green, or Gold, but you still might be OK with three years' worth of history.

Before you apply, you might want to decide ahead of time if you'd be OK with one of their charge cards if you were declined for this one. You might also try their preapproval site, but there's a good chance that you're not on their radar yet.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.