Did you mean: 

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday - DENIED

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: AMEX Blue Cash Everyday - DENIED

@Enmie wrote:

@WindBlazer3 wrote:

My AAoA is 1.2 years and my oldest tradeline is 2.2 years (I'm 22).

I have four current accounts:

• Chase AARP: 200/$1000

Hi, did I read that right? You are 22 years of age? How did you got a Chase AARP card? Am I missing something here?

You are missing the fact the thread is 3 years old, so now WindBlazer3 is an elderly 25.

But yes, Chase AARP cards can be got regardless of age.   The AARP card at the time of the post was a very nice one (5% on everything for 6 months)

Message 11 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

***** OLD THREAD ALERT

Message 12 of 18
Enmie

@longtimelurker wrote:

You are missing the fact the thread is 3 years old, so now WindBlazer3 is an elderly 25.

But yes, Chase AARP cards can be got regardless of age.   The AARP card at the time of the post was a very nice one (5% on everything for 6 months)

Are you saying the Chase AARP card was not exclusively offered to AARP members 3 yrs ago or that AARP membership is open to all ages 22 onwards? The AARP Chase card is currently exclusively offered to AARP members.

Message 13 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

You have to be an AARP member.   To be a member you need to supply a birthdate that makes you at least 50.   Which is different from say being 50 or over.

Message 14 of 18
Enmie

@longtimelurker wrote:

You have to be an AARP member.   To be a member you need to supply a birthdate that makes you at least 50.   Which is different from say being 50 or over.

So are you implying that this then 22 yo OP defrauded the application process and provided a fictitious date of birth to obtain an AARP membershipi to obtain the Chase AARP credit card which is associated with one's credit history and social security number?

Message 15 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

To enter anything other than your true birthdate would be fraud..
Message 16 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Enmie wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

So are you implying that this then 22 yo OP defrauded the application process and provided a fictitious date of birth to obtain an AARP membershipi to obtain the Chase AARP credit card which is associated with one's credit history and social security number?

No idea what the OP did.   

Not quite sure why you are so interested in these old events, but google can find lots of links.  For example, http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1072125/

which states that AARP allows associate membership for under 50's and that Chase allowed you to leave the membership number blank.

So validation was between weak and non-existent.

Message 17 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Not only is this thread 3 years old, the questions that breathed life into have been answered 

~Lexie, myFICO Moderator 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.