Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday

tag
AMEXBound

AMEX Blue Cash Everyday

Hello, 

I have never posted on here but I wanted an opinion on applying for the AMEX BCE. 

I currently have 3 Credit cards

Debt/Credit limit

Discover     $50/ $1500

JSCFCU       $10/$750

Wells Fargo     $3/ $300

I know these balances are low for preparation for an application. 

My Income is: $25k

I am a college student and my longest account is wells fargo at 10 months. and Newist is Discover. 

My FICO Score is 723

What do you think about my chances of getting a BCE? Should I apply or no. If this does not work out I might just get the student Bankamericard with has the same benefits almost but with being with a terrible provider (BoA). 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Blue Cash Everyday

Welcome to the forum

I would wait for Amex for awhile 

But the BofA 123 card is a good card IMO for gas and groceries for a college student

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@AMEXBound wrote:

Hello, 

I have never posted on here but I wanted an opinion on applying for the AMEX BCE. 

I currently have 3 Credit cards

Debt/Credit limit

Discover     $50/ $1500

JSCFCU       $10/$750

Wells Fargo     $3/ $300

I know these balances are low for preparation for an application. 

My Income is: $25k

I am a college student and my longest account is wells fargo at 10 months. and Newist is Discover. 

My FICO Score is 723

What do you think about my chances of getting a BCE? Should I apply or no. If this does not work out I might just get the student Bankamericard with has the same benefits almost but with being with a terrible provider (BoA). 

I would concur with myjourney in the above post.  Now, as far as BOA, it's a matter of personal opinion of course.  However, IMHO, my Privileges Cash Rewards card is one that I heavily use and BOA has been a decent bank for me for over 15+ years.  They were not always "perfect", but their services and products have certainly come a long way.

Message 3 of 10
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

I suggest you apply for the Sallie Mae World Mastercard. %5 on Grocery @ $250/Mo, 5% on Gas @ $250/Mo, 5% on Book Stores @ $750/Mo

https://www.salliemae.com/landing/WorldCreditCard/

Every since I got my Sallie Mae card, my Amex BCE has been sock drawered. If you spend enough that the BCE surpasses the SallieMae, then you should probably be considering the BCP instead.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 4 of 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

BCE has much better potential to grow limits though.
I say go for it. It's a good card, and your score is decent-albeit with short history.
Im still in school, although I have a big boy job, and i'm lovin' my BCE.
Went from 3500 to 10000 to 24500.
Bet you'll get a $2k cl.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 10
GaTech
Frequent Contributor

If you want a possible way to get the BCE without directly apply for it, you could apply for the AMEX Blue Card and then after getting accepted, you can PC it to the BCE.
As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000

Message 6 of 10
Iorek
Contributor

How old is the Discover card?

Amex BCE ($15k), TE ($5k), BoA BBR ($600), Cash Rewards ($600), Barclays Sallie Mae ($6k), CapOne Quicksilver ($4k), Chase Freedom ($5.8k), CSP ($11k), Marriott (9k), IHG (12k), DCU ($6k), Discover IT ($6.5k)
TU - 4 INQ, EX - 7 INQ, EQ - 3 INQ
Gardening since 06/25/14.
Message 7 of 10
codimom
Frequent Contributor

Welcome to the forum!
How many inqs are on your report?  You said Discover is newest, but how new?
If it were me, I would probably wait  2-3 more months to get that Wells Fargo card past its first birthday.  You might even try to find the pre qualify site for amex... see if they come up with the BCE or some other card.

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 8 of 10
RyVision
Valued Contributor

If you're heart is set on the BCE (good choice frankly), I would first pay the 2 smaller accounts off and wait until they reported 0 balances while Discover reports the small balance.  You might get the BCE but chances are not high. 

You'd want at least 6 months of history with Discover first in my opinion.  You would probably get an AMEX charge card now, either type AMEX you get, you would be locking in your Member Since date with them which is a plus in their favor.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 9 of 10
heyitsyeh
Frequent Contributor

You should apply for Sallie Mae...as a college student you're very unlikely to spend more than the $250 caps each month.

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 3/26/21
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Chase Freedom Visa - $13,000
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $200,600 (8 cards)
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.