cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blue Cash Preferred with Chip and Signature!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Blue Cash Preferred with Chip and Signature!

you sure it's chip & pin? not chip & signature?

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received my Blue Cash Everyday with Chip and Signature as well.  (Approved 11/1, shipped from Omaha 11/5, arrived 11/8.)

Kind of bummed because I was looking forward to using Expresspay!  I think I read somewhere that once you have Chip & Sig on your card, you can't go back to an Expresspay card - otherwise I would call up to request one.

Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just received my Blue Cash Everyday with Chip and Signature as well.  (Approved 11/1, shipped from Omaha 11/5, arrived 11/8.)

Kind of bummed because I was looking forward to using Expresspay!  I think I read somewhere that once you have Chip & Sig on your card, you can't go back to an Expresspay card - otherwise I would call up to request one.

Congratulations on receiving your new card, and welcome to the forum!!

Message 23 of 26
L-TWT
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Amex now offers dual interface EMV chip and signature, just call and request a new card be sent out to you with contactless EMV chip!!

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@L-TWT wrote:

Amex now offers dual interface EMV chip and signature, just call and request a new card be sent out to you with contactless EMV chip!!

Just gave them a call.  I have to wait for 10 days to have passed from my application before they'll send me any replacement at all, even if it's just for the interface switch and my first card is activated.  I'll call back late next week.  Thanks for the tip!

Message 25 of 26
nyancat
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@L-TWT wrote:

Just gave them a call.  I have to wait for 10 days to have passed from my application before they'll send me any replacement at all, even if it's just for the interface switch and my first card is activated.  I'll call back late next week.  Thanks for the tip!

Yes, and just a note... it may take a few tries. The key words are "chip and signature plus contactless" and it must be selected properly, some reps know how others fail... good luck! It's worth the effort!

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.