cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blue Cash Preferred with Chip and Signature!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Blue Cash Preferred with Chip and Signature!

Received my AMEX BCP card today and unbeknownst to me it came with a chip. I don't think this was advertise on AMEX website because I was totally unaware of it, and all of the pictures I saw of this card were chip free. Nice touch AMEX, I feel like this is a little extra suprise today...along with retrieving my Capital 1 QS. 

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Blue Cash Preferred with Chip and Signature!

@Anonymous wrote:

Received my AMEX BCP card today and unbeknownst to me it came with a chip. I don't think this was advertise on AMEX website because I was totally unaware of it, and all of the pictures I saw of this card were chip free. Nice touch AMEX, I feel like this is a little extra suprise today...along with retrieving my Capital 1 QS. 

They all seem to be shipping out w/chip now, yes.

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder why they don't advertise it. It may be a feature some folks are looking for and it may be that extra needed boost in getting them to apply with AMEX. 

I personally wasn't expecting it, but nice touch anyways!

Message 3 of 26
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I wonder why they don't advertise it. It may be a feature some folks are looking for and it may be that extra needed boost in getting them to apply with AMEX. 

It's moved beyond a feature and becoming standard (as it should).  Merchant chip readers still seem relatively scarce, but plans call for most cards to be chipped by late 2015.

Message 4 of 26
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats on get your new shiny card!

Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is good to know

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's moved beyond a feature and becoming standard (as it should).  Merchant chip readers still seem relatively scarce, but plans call for most cards to be chipped by late 2015.

That is good to know

Message 6 of 26
nyancat
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They'll all have the chip. Look to see if it has the wave symbol behind the chip (looks like sideways Wi-Fi), if not, call them up in a few days (10 days from approval before they can issue a replacement card), and ask them for "chip and signature with contactless" - then you'll get a card you can just tap on readers where available.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

there are plenty of people still not aware of chips on credit cards, when I asked for an assistant to call amex and request replacement cards with chips, she looked at me like I was speaking german to her, pulled out my diners card to show her what the heck i was talking about. When we received the card next day, I had to explain other people with AU card how to use it, if they were to go to walmart or some other places with chip reader.

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, congrats on getting your new card with the added chip feature. I too just got my AMEX BCE card with a chip on it. I was excited.

Message 9 of 26
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I am amused about the hype with this "old" chip technology. When Europe implemented this 10+ years ago I do not recall that anybody was even discussing about it ....it makes me smile now  Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.