Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Blue Sky Approval!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Blue Sky Approval!!!

I can't believe it, I was reading on here a lot about American Express.  That's the one card I don't have, so I went on their site to take a look.  I did the pre-approval exercise, and it came back with 4 cards I was pre-approved for.  I decided to try the one that doesn't have an annual fee, the Blue Sky card.  I hit the app button, got the call us message.  Just got off the phone with them and I am APPROVED for a $8.5k CL.  I can't believe it!  Ok, no more apping until I get my scores up, I only had one previous inquiry, so I didn't think this one would hurt and am hoping this will help bring up the scores a little.  Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jforsyth
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX Blue Sky Approval!!!

Congrats!

EQ FAKO: 779 (03/26/15)
TU FAKO: 785(03/26/15)
Citi Double Cash | Citi Forward | BankAmericard Cash Rewards | Amex Zync
Message 2 of 7
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

Congratulation!!! I received my amex blue card last week. It was nice to pull it out at costco. NIce looking card!!

Message 3 of 7
LADYBUSA
Valued Member

could you tell me a little more of your history?

AAoA?

inq?

baddies?

etc?

I am looking at pullling the trigger on one myself....

Starting Score: EQ 495
Current Score: EQ 694 4/10
Goal Score: 760 + 12/10

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting... I was denied for this card 2 months ago with a 730 fico... no lates, 2 cc's with 11K limit together (no balances), perfect year and a half history. But I got approved for Delta Gold a month after!!! Anyways, congrats on the new card Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know, I was surprised too.  I haven't pulled an experian report, I have no idea what that has on it and I believe that is what they pull.  However, on my equifax report, my score is only 620.  I have 1 inquiry.  I have 3 medical collections, but no other baddies.  My AAoA is a little over 6 years with my oldest account being a little over 12 years.  I have a mortgage and auto loan, 8 credit cards with about 30% utilization with a CL of about $30k.  Household income reported was $105k.  Maybe AMEX doesn't look at those medical collections too badly.  They are all paid.

Good luck.  Try doing the pre-approval that they have on the site.  That seems to be a pretty good indicator from what I've been reading.

Message 6 of 7
LADYBUSA
Valued Member

Thanks for the info... congrats on the card

Starting Score: EQ 495
Current Score: EQ 694 4/10
Goal Score: 760 + 12/10

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.